Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you keep extra busy?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do you ever keep extra busy to avoid thinking about things? Ever since I started getting into gardening I've been keeping at it as much as possible to avoid thinking about things that might throw me into a panic attack. I mean, it's good that I'm active now, good that I have been keeping the panic attacks away, but I'm exhausted lol I want to relax this afternoon, but I keep thinking about things I should be doing.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
midnight_storm
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 7:23 PM
In some ways, I just wish I had the motivation to make it physical. I play a lot of games or read to try to escape those thoughts that cause me to have panic attacks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JSCC
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:00 AM

kind of ... when I'm working and doing stuff it does stop me from thinking about the other things that bring me down.  In that way, the busyness is good, but a person has to stop sometime ... and then when I stop everything comes back

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2011 at 12:21 AM
I make lists to get all the junk out of my head. Or I color mandalas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Group Admin on May. 22, 2011 at 6:46 AM

no my depression is at a point to where i can hardly do anything.

matreshka
by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:45 AM

i do. i try to distract myself until an appropriat time where i can deal with thoughts that are bothering me.  the important thing is i have to deal with those thoughts or the anxiety won't go away.

KristiAD
by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:55 AM

I do try to keep busy when I think I feel some panic coming on, evening if it is writing on FB or here or an email to a friend, or cleaning around the house.  But yes, eventually, I have to figure out what is bothering me and find a way to deal with it....journaling helps me get to the root of most issues.  Avoidance is not good for me as it eventually leads back to the problem.  God Bless you and good luck!

rhodaj
by rho on May. 22, 2011 at 11:02 AM

I use to try and do that but my mind races so much that it doesn't matter if I'm really busy or just idol. So I just do what I can.

K_Marie
by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:40 PM

I try to, but most of the time, I try to sleep it away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)