• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i quit taking my medications

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:14 AM
  • 16 Replies
I'm bipolar, depressed, and have anxiety. I know I shouldn't have stopped, but honestly I just don't feel like taking it anymore. I feel myself drifting into a deep depression. All I do anymore is cry. I hate myself more and more as the day goes by. I know I should start taking my medication but I just don't feel like it. I want to be left alone by everyone in the house and I rather sleep all day more then anything else. I don't know what to do with myself anymore. My kids deserve better then me. I have no money to do anything with. I applied for disability but got denied. I appiled (sp) it and I'm still waiting on an answer. I feel like I been waiting forever. Anyway I just needed to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I'm sorry that you're struggling. Have you been to your doctor?

*hugs*

ShhhItsASecret
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:06 PM

ya i see her again in 6 weeks, but i didn't tell her. 

Quoting leahbeah143:

I'm sorry that you're struggling. Have you been to your doctor?

*hugs*

matreshka
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:59 PM

i'm bipolar too.  i know the feeling of not wanting to take meds.  i am NOT going to say go get back on meds. i know they dont work great, know the side effects are awful.

have you ever been to a bipolar suuport group or coping skills group.  for me thats whats helped the most.

MelodieLenora
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Good luck, sweet heart. <3 I hope you find the resources you need. A good anxiety and depression work book might help you, if you can afford a used one on amazon or to borrow one from a local library. Your doctor may have some free non-medication resources available. 

Melisa97
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:10 PM

I'm not bi polar so I don't know what it's like.  I have been med free for a year, it was a gradual process.  In the past I'd quit taking my meds all at once and it made me more depressed and suicidal.  It also caused a great deal of conflict in my marriage, and I feel it put my children at risk.  I don't know if it's that way for everyone who stops cold turkey, so please be careful. 

kittycat813
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:00 PM

why did you stop? It will really mess up you mine and really make you sick, depressed, and axiety will get worse and make you crazy. I hope you get help and feel better soon.

kittycat813
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:01 PM

i'm bipolar depress and have gad and while stress out so i'll know what will happen if you do that.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:36 AM

you should start taking your meds again. its not good to feel the way you are feeling.i know its a hassle because i take quite a bit i am bipolar with anxiety also but i know its whats best for me. maybe your disability will go through the second time. mine did. you need to get you a disability lawyer who only gets paid if you get your d isability. they really help.

strictmomhere
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:41 AM
Im bipolar and when im off my meds im a mess
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShhhItsASecret
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:55 AM
Well i quit taking it because I started to forget. then the depression started getting worse and i just didnt feel like taking it. i did take it this morning although I didnt want to. i had to talk myself into it. now im super tired and cant sleep because I have to watch the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)