Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My introduction, a bit lengthy

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi, my name is Melodie. I'm 21 and have a son who is days away from 4 years old. I struggle with general and social anxiety and depression (possibly bipolar), in addition to physical illnesses that tend to worsen my mental state. 

My son's name is Cade, and I have a lot of trouble with discipline, potty training, and picky eating. He really likes to get his way. We may have spoiled him a bit, but not intentionally. He has a lot of tantrums. I know he's bored and lonely and I'm trying really hard to get him into a daycare. My troubles parenting really stress me out. I often feel like a terrible mom and I hate feeling that way.

I live in Gallatin, Tennessee and I go to Vol State Community College. Right now I'm taking two classes for five weeks, then another 2 for another 5 weeks. Summer school is fast paced and stressful and kinda nervewracking but also exciting. Wish me luck!

I don't have a job, and I'm pretty poor. 

When my depression is under control, I'm bursting with positive energy and smiles and optimism. I'm a dandy ol' sunflower. When it's not, I feel like nothing is in my control and everything is going wrong. 

This has been a struggle for me for about 8 years now. On top of it, I feel like I unintentionally distance myself and push people away, though luckily that hasn't happened with my family.

I'm in a relationship and it's complicated, but I love him and he's a great father and damn good boyfriend, too. We have our ups and downs and drama, but not anything too bad.

I'll probably be more of an observer, not sure yet, as I'm not that situated in the CafeMom community and don't have any friends here yet.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LuvMommysBabies
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:17 PM
welcome:-) I'm Ashlea mommy to 4 year old Kingston and i'm pregnant with a little girl due in September. I can relate to some of the things you said, don't beat yourself up about your parenting you're probably a very good mom. And after a while you'll settle right into cafemom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zboys
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Hi, Melodie!  You've come to the right group.  You've got a full plate.  What are you studying?

JSCC
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Hey, thanks for sharing.  Welcome to the group.

I'd just like to say that there are no perfect parents out there and that I'm sure you're doing your best.  I wish you luck in finding a good daycare for him.  I also wish you luck with school.

Believe me, you're not alone in your struggles.  I have generalized anxiety disorder and an ongoing struggle with depression.  I also have somewhat of an avoidant personality (distance myself and push people away, as you said)

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:29 AM

welcome. we are here to offer you support. good to hear you are going to school.

midnight_storm
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:01 AM
Welcome to the group and CafeMom. This is a wonderfully supportive group. I love the name Cade. I have an almost 4yo too, though she's my youngest. You'll find this is a very judgement free group that offers a lot of support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReaderVictoria
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:21 AM

{{{Melodie}}}  Welcome to the group and I hope you will join in more than you "lurk."  LOL  Sometimes it's serious and sometimes it's fun.  The one thing here is that you are never truly alone.  There is always someone (or someones  LOL) who understands where you are and how things feel for you.  The women here are wonderful and the "regulars" are fantastic.

matreshka
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 7:04 AM

welcome to the group!

rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Welcome to the group and to Cafemom.  I hope you get use to the group so you feel comfortable to join in.  I am rhodaj but everyone calls me rho.

K_Marie
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Welcome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)