Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friends?!?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:25 AM
  • 7 Replies

I will tell ya what. I am sick and tired of being used..bad friends! You name it. Why do I always attract people that only use me? Like this one girl, who is getting ready to leave now..thank God! She has some serious issues, and I have been nothing but a good friend to her. She sends me texts saying "I'm going to kill myself" I try to be there for her, and then 15 min. later, the girl is asking me to watch movies with her. She doesn't realize the things she says, has actions, and how she acts, make people wonder. So I've decided to listen to my parents on this one and be done with her for good. She seems like nothing but trouble, and a person can only try so much. I guess I have reached my limit. Ahh..why do I have a problem making good friends?? 

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:28 AM
well, good friends are hard to find and when you find one it a wonderful thing. you luck up before long. just move on from this one and take your parents advice.
matreshka
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:45 AM

((((hugs))))

momma2bubbas
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:44 AM

so sorry this happened

i think it starts with you,

setting boundaries for what

YOU want and need. pay attention

to gut instincts before things snowball

m.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:11 AM

This has happened to me too, which has resulted in me avoiding friendships sadly. I struggle with being "too nice" then people decide that means I'm a door mat.

32JenFren
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:57 AM

I only have a handful of friends. I can't handle drama or back stabbing so I'm pretty lonely :/

Raeann11
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:16 AM

HUGS

dotsicle
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:30 AM

I have almost no friends and am over 50. Seems as though all my life I've made "friends" only to be backstabbed, over and over. DH wants me to be friends with his BFF's wife, even though she is the neighborhood gossip... I told DH that she will talk about me the way she talks about everyone else, and I don't even want to go there.

DH thinks he can "buy" friends by giving things to them and doing frequent favors, but these so-called friends don't come around unless they want something. I'd rather have NO friends than that kind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)