Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does depression or anxiety affect you with your job?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:08 AM
  • 14 Replies

i can no longer work.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:10 PM

mania prevents me from working, at my last job i disassembled all the cubicles while mumbling to myself (or so i was told lol).  i havent worked since. 

mrsvixen
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Big time! I usually quit, get fired or take leave for stress.

MargotRanae
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:33 PM

I suffer through it. Though, I left my last job--it wasn't right for me but I was trying to provide for my family. Sometimes I make a total embarrassment of my self.

Naturewoman4
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:42 PM
I think part of my depression is because I havent worked in two yrs. Cut backs. So I need to get myself undepressed enough, so I can do other things in my life, to be happier. d
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dancingthrulife
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:55 PM

yes. i'm 33 and i have held a job of some sort since i was 16. i have held a job the longest for three years.  this is sad. if i have persinal prombelms it is all i can think of while working. i try my best i do. but i always get fired cause they say my pateint care is bad. i am a cna. i love people and i DO NOT abuse older ppl or the patinets. some places just want beds made up like a hotel i guess and i have had trouble with that. being i have learning disabilies i dont learn fast enough for ppl either. so riniging a restoer is tough for me. i have been fired from being a cashier too. being under or over 5.00 or whatever the compancy's rules. so i dont bother applying for cashier jobs anymore either. i wish i getting disability wasn't so rough. 

dancingthrulife
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:57 PM

did u embarrass yourself cause of ur depression issues or when you left the last job? this happens to me too. 

Quoting MargotRanae:

I suffer through it. Though, I left my last job--it wasn't right for me but I was trying to provide for my family. Sometimes I make a total embarrassment of my self.

matreshka
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:01 PM

(((hugs))) If you are seeing a psych doc or a therapist they may be able to set you up with a social worker that could help with getting disability.  It is a long process, I was able to get it because my state's department of mental health recommended I get it and filed the paperwork with me.

Quoting dancingthrulife:

yes. i'm 33 and i have held a job of some sort since i was 16. i have held a job the longest for three years.  this is sad. if i have persinal prombelms it is all i can think of while working. i try my best i do. but i always get fired cause they say my pateint care is bad. i am a cna. i love people and i DO NOT abuse older ppl or the patinets. some places just want beds made up like a hotel i guess and i have had trouble with that. being i have learning disabilies i dont learn fast enough for ppl either. so riniging a restoer is tough for me. i have been fired from being a cashier too. being under or over 5.00 or whatever the compancy's rules. so i dont bother applying for cashier jobs anymore either. i wish i getting disability wasn't so rough. 

dancingthrulife
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:01 PM

aww i'm srry hun...

my ex filed for custody when i finally got in to a place i was so thrilled to be working at!!!  all i did was cry. i got in trouble for saying i could not understand the lady who i was training with. she spoke only spanish and i cant. i was prolly having a break of some sort. 

Quoting matreshka:

mania prevents me from working, at my last job i disassembled all the cubicles while mumbling to myself (or so i was told lol).  i havent worked since. 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:48 PM

When I first started having panic attacks, I really struggled with getting up and coming to work every day. But day by day it got a little easier. I still have days that I struggle, but I push through it. Thankfully my coworkers have been very supportive and understanding.

emarin77
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Anxiety does.  When I work outside the home I am on Citalopram and it works well for me to control my anxiety.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)