Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When anxiety gives you physical problems...

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:54 PM
  • 8 Replies

what helps?  Is there a tea or drink that helps calm your stomach pain or anything that helps chest pains, sweats, chills etc?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I keep sprite and saltines with me most of the time because one of my symptoms is nausea. I have a fan at my desk if I start getting the hot flashes. I also have a fan by my bed for night time.

matreshka
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:55 PM

LOL Me too, except I do ginger ale instead of sprite.  I keep saltines in my bag at all times and have the box fan on at night, the white nosie really helps.

Quoting leahbeah143:

I keep sprite and saltines with me most of the time because one of my symptoms is nausea. I have a fan at my desk if I start getting the hot flashes. I also have a fan by my bed for night time.

annaica
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:24 PM

smoking a cigarette helps for 10 minutes, it's a horrible habit i picked back up due to anxiety.

when i was pregnant i meditated alot and that helped.

i decided to go the medicinal route last month becuase the physical symptoms got so bad...

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:17 PM

The white noise and the breeze on my face calms me down.

Quoting matreshka:

LOL Me too, except I do ginger ale instead of sprite.  I keep saltines in my bag at all times and have the box fan on at night, the white nosie really helps.

Quoting leahbeah143:

mommy31210
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:07 AM
i always drink just plain old hot tea with sugar or sweet tea and meditate
matreshka
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:53 AM

I am so upset that I started smoking again for the same reason.

Quoting annaica:

smoking a cigarette helps for 10 minutes, it's a horrible habit i picked back up due to anxiety.

i decided to go the medicinal route last month becuase the physical symptoms got so bad...

Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Quoting annaica:

LOL I"m glad you admitted that. I couldn't think of any remedies. I know smoking calms me

matreshka
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:58 AM

What is it about cigarettes lol????  I really hate to admit it but sometimes its the most theraputic thing out there!

Quoting Cenedra64:

Quoting annaica:

LOL I"m glad you admitted that. I couldn't think of any remedies. I know smoking calms me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)