Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What makes you happy?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:53 PM
  • 23 Replies

Whne you're depressed what can you think of that makes you happy?  Sometimes in the worst of depression nothing in the present seems to come to mind, but what in the past has made you happy?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommie020308
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:44 PM
A hug from my husband, which leads to me breaking down and crying. I also find that some alone time reading in the bath helps too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Watching one of my go-to movies like The Holiday or First Wives Club. Getting out in the garden and seeing what I've accomplished and the flowers growing and blooming. My daughter laughing. Looking at vacation pictures from Florida. Baking a great batch of brownies.

annaica
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:25 AM
A home would make me happy. This apartment sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllThatBabyJazz
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:27 AM

I second that!!

Quoting annaica:

mommy31210
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:57 AM

i love my appartment but it is shrinking in on me :( my dd takes up so much room. plus i have crazy neighbors. being around my dd is prob the best think i love when she walks up and gives me a random hug :)

Quoting annaica:

angels652
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:32 AM

Has to be seeing the smiles of my grandchildren, getting their hugs & kisses. Hearing them say I love you ♥ I keep all their artwork and anything that they give me, even if it is a rock lol......it's more precious than gold. It's so bittersweet because they are growing up way to fast and that breaks my heart :( 

talopa
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:43 AM

a few years a go when we had a truck we woud drive up to the mountains where there is this plum, pear, and apple orchard surrounded by eucaliptis trees. we would park under this big pine tree and walk into the orchard to pick fruits. then we would picnic under that big tree and take a nap and head out of the mountain at sunset. no matter what was going wrong in my life we would go up there and it was always a perfect day. . . .  I miss that place. sure wish I had a truck right now

matreshka
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:40 AM

being out in the fresh air makes me happy, feeling safe and loved.  Having a good sense of humor helps me out a lot and makes me laugh which makes me happy.

matreshka
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Me too.

Quoting AllThatBabyJazz:

I second that!!

Quoting annaica:

4_in_Vegas
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:52 AM

My husband and my girls are the best part of my life. When I think of them, I realize how lucky I am and it helps put things in perspective.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)