Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good Ol' Summertime

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer! Here in Ohio it has been very hot and humid......I'm waterpark bound this weekend to beat the sweltering heat with my family. Good times!

Do you notice when the weathyer is nicer if your depression and other  mood changes aren't as severe? I still have bad days where I am miserable and can't shake the sadness, but all in all, its not as bad as other times.

Anyone else notice this as well?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
matreshka
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:49 PM

I notice that too, I think that can happen because there's more sunlight.  I think a lot of people feel better getting regular sun exposure, it helps with vitamin d levels too.  I'm glad this time of year has you feeling better :)

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:36 PM

yes, with the increase of sun.

mommy31210
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:04 PM

agrea

Quoting matreshka:

I notice that too, I think that can happen because there's more sunlight.  I think a lot of people feel better getting regular sun exposure, it helps with vitamin d levels too.  I'm glad this time of year has you feeling better :)

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I've noticed a huge difference in my moods whenever the sun comes out! The weather here hasn't been that great, but I've made due, I take what I can get lol Of course I still have bad days, but not as many as in the winter time when it's cold and dark all the time.

AllThatBabyJazz
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Have fun at the water park. How fun!

nikkita311
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:45 PM

i do better in the summer time but i have been in the house because it has been to hot togo outside much

zboys
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I'm having a good summer.  I've tried a handful of new recipes for dinner, a couple new recipes for veggie dishes, and made  two different kinds of cookies last night for the first time.  (One of them turned out but the other was so-so.)

I'm having to stay indoors too during the day 'cause of the heat.  When I go out it's in the early morning to run errands or after the sun starts going down so I can walk in the shade.  When it's not too hot outside, I do enjoy getting out in the sunlight.  I like to garden, walk, or just sit in the sun and look at the clouds.  It always help me feel better.

momma2bubbas
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM

gray (foggy) days are not the best for me.

i dont mind rain however.

weird i know.monkey

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jul. 10, 2011 at 6:30 PM

i do much better in the summer than i do the winter. not looking forward to it coming on. i live in va.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)