Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does any one know anything about wellbutrin and topamax together

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:31 PM
  • 2 Replies

I was taking Topamax for about a yr for migraines, and once I got past the side effects it was great.  It also had the added bonus of being a great mood stabilizer for me.  About 3 months ago I started losing my hair and found out it was a long term side effect of the med. Off the med fast.

After that my mood tanked fast, major depression.  The dr. put me on Wellbutrin sr and it helps a little.  I have been read alot about a mix of the two helping alot of people, but how do you get pass the hair loss side effect.

I should also mention that I am desperately afraid of the weight gain and sexual side effects that go along with alot of meds. for depression. also the Topamax worked great for the migranes which are back now and bad as ever.  If it wasn't for that hair loss thing we'd be good.

Any thoughts?????

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
matreshka
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Can you try another similar med to topomax as the stabilizer?  there's a few like that that they use, off the top of my head I cant think of their names but this site is very helpful

http://crazymeds.us/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

Kellysimmons617
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:22 AM

The only med I found that could be an alternative to Topamax is Zonegran. Which has a box label of a very bad rash that could lead to death.  Other then that I can't find much else.

Thanks for the web site, It didn't give me much to help with the Topamax problem, but it did answer some other question I had on some other stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)