Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So what makes your life so freaking wonderful?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:18 PM
  • 14 Replies

Ugh.  Some people act like their stuff don't stink and because you are dealing with something in your life that is a struggle, that it makes you a weaker person... This irritates me beyond belief. 

Ok.  Glad I got that off my chest LOL.

Do you run into people like this and what is your reaction to their attitude?  How do you keep it from bothering you?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
syida
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:49 PM

I dont. Sorry to say that my defense mechanism comes up big time. I either leave the situation or I stay and speak my mind,

Loretta Lyn

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:08 PM

That's why I tend to keep my struggles to myself. I don't need people acting like they think they're better than me when I'm already beating myself up about it.

annaica
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:26 PM
But what do you do when you need advice?

Quoting leahbeah143:

That's why I tend to keep my struggles to myself. I don't need people acting like they think they're better than me when I'm already beating myself up about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllThatBabyJazz
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:35 PM

I don't. I just run usually 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:37 PM

That's a good question. I have a few close-ish friends that I talk to about certain things. I have a hard time opening up to people.

Quoting annaica:

But what do you do when you need advice?

Quoting leahbeah143:

annaica
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:07 AM
I just have to remember the golden rule. And hope others with pick up on it eventually too. It is a good one to live by.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy31210
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:00 AM
i fell you i hate that. i just walk away and ignore em or i snap.
EireLass
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:41 AM

Everyone has stuff in their life that is unpleasant. The key is to not focus on it, becuase then that becomes the center of everything, and it's hard to think of happy things. I focus on the positives.... 

matreshka
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Some people really cant seem to put themselves in others' shoes.  People can be very judgemental.  I try to just stay away from people who don't understand me, its very hard for me to warm up to people because I've been hurt by that misunderstanding a lot.

EireLass
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Quoting matreshka:

Some people really cant seem to put themselves in others' shoes.  People can be very judgemental.  I try to just stay away from people who don't understand me, its very hard for me to warm up to people because I've been hurt by that misunderstanding a lot.

I agree with you. People can't understand it seems. Or they don't want to bother trying. This has caused me to keep alot of my business to myself, and know WHO I can trust to try to understand, be a little empathetic, etc. It causes me to keep my brick wall up around me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)