Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you been to the ocean?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:31 PM
  • 19 Replies

I am about three hours away, so I don't get to spend much time there, but when I do I love to just close my eyes and take in the smells, the sounds, the feel of the waves. Our water is very cold so we can't swim in it or anything, but it's still beautiful.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllThatBabyJazz
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:34 PM

I went one time. I am from Michigan but we visited Virginia Beach one time. 

annaica
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:24 AM
Never. I hope to someday before I die.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katie_did
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:27 AM
Yes, I've been to several. I would love to live by one. It is so relaxing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:29 AM
Yes! In Hawaii, Mexico, Texas, Florida and of course Alaska!

The beach is so soothing for me. I listen to beach noises to help fall asleep or even just relax.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy31210
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:54 AM
when i was a kid and visited florida to see my dad i did. i didnt enjoy swimin in the water cause all i could do was eat salt and where we went it was sooooooooooo busy. if it wasent for that i would have loved it
EireLass
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:28 AM

I grew up on Cape Cod....so it was every day. Now I live less than 2 hours, and have a cottage there. I go frequently. My dog is a big ocean freak. haha.

matreshka
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:42 AM

At least once a year.  I used to live on the coast in Northern Calif. and spent a summer on the cape.  Now I'm about 2 hrs away from a few beaches and I wish i was closer.

4_in_Vegas
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:49 AM

I grew up in Florida so I went a lot when I was younger. But the last time I went to the beach was about 10 years ago.

rhodaj
by rho on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:54 AM

no I haven't

YvonnesMommy
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:54 AM
Yes... I've lived in nor cal for awhile and the water was WAY too cold, then when I lived in San Diego, the water and weather was much nicer. I've lived in Pennsylavnia for awhile and visited the Jersey shores and of course there's florida... golf coast and atlantic side. My favoirte is definetly the golf. The water is so warm and beautiful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)