Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when you have no fight left in you?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:22 AM
  • 8 Replies

I wish everyone would stop telling me that I am the strongest person they know. They dont know how much I wish I didnt have to be. Even the strongest of pillars can break.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Elayna90
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:02 AM
That's a hard thing to hear when it isn't what you feel.
You are probably stronger than you know.
Like you said, even pillars crumble. Do you have anyone to talk to and lean on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:40 AM

Not really. I have my fiance but I cant expect him to help because he has his own issues right now. I carry the weightt of  three people solely on my shoulders and I am at the end of my strength. All he ever tells me is to relax. He doesnt know just how much I wish I could. 

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:08 AM

i rest. go to bed and take a nap. or doing something relaxing. let people think what they want but dont let it consume you.

matreshka
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:17 AM

at times i feel the same way.  mindfulness meditation where i visualize a relaxing place helps me when im overwhlemed

alwayskk
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:19 AM
It's a shame we can never see ourselves the way others see us. Sometimes an outside view is the most objective.

*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleladiesx3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:33 AM

I'm also being told that constantly on one point I'm flattered by the comment on the other it feels like something expected of me. And sometimes I don't know if I can meet those expectations all the time; sometimes I choose to follow my heart and it's a little more naive, or more of a risk taker than my brain.

Same with 'your such a good mom' well what if sometimes I jdon't feel like it? what if, because my daughters crawl into bed at night with eachother it's somehow my fault maybe I've been a little too down lately and they've been needing to lean on eachother?

rhodaj
by rho on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:44 AM

your not alone I am tired of the same thing.  I am tired of people thinking I am I guess its because we put on our fake happy face and people don't think that we are the ones they are to lean on.

HUGS
rho

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Thank You ladies. People expect us to have all the answers and most of the time we do. However, some times we dont even know the questions, muchless the answers. I love my family and I have built my life around it. I have dedicated my whole life to my kids and now my fiance. Normally I get through the day without feeling like a house of cards just waiting for a slight breeze to knock me down. There are days when it all gets to be too much and I feel like a compass in the Bermuda Triangle, spinning and spinning without any direction to follow. I try not to feel sorry for myself but 6 months without a job, 2 kids for which I am the sole financial support, and my fiance losing his job yesterday is just way too much. I have been taking care of others my whole life. I wouldnt know what to do if I had someone to take care of me. Just once.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)