Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just need someone to listen

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:49 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am 24 years old with a 4 year old daughter. My husband and I have been trying for 3 years to have another baby. We wanted to try and have our children about 2 years apart. Since I know that its not going to happen that way I am just trying to make the best of this situation and do all the right things to get pregnant. I know that for the first 2 years I was trying was because my husband and I were fighting alot and going through some stressful times so I know stress can play a big part in not getting pregnant. Now that things are finally going better between the 2 of us I have all of these feelings of my Mom passing away 14 years ago surfacing, and the fact that my father treats me like I am nothing. So now I am going to counciling to get myself all figured out and to move forward. All this time and all of these things happening I am trying to keep my head up and be positive. I am trying to things positive about me getting pregnant and no longer think down about it. It was taking a real toll on my body because I was depressed when every month would come around and I would end up pregnant. And I am sure it was hard for my husband as well. And when I try to talk to him about my mom or dad or not getting pregnant her says that i need to do something to fix it and that he has heard it all before and doesnt need to hear it anymore. It makes it really hard for me, because I do not need someone to fix things for me, thats why i am going to counciling. I just need someone there for me so I can get my feelings out. I have friends but the one friend always makes it about herself whenever i try to talk to her. Another friend lives to far away for me to talk to and another friend is going through post partum depression and I am there for here when she needs me. All i need is someone there for me. I know i really need to try and get all these things off my mind so I can move forward and hopefully one day in the near future get pregnant. Anyways I guess thats all i have to say, thank you to anyone who was listening :D

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bcbmami
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:51 AM
BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JJJMommyKris
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Getting pregnant is hard (for some of us) When my dh and I started trying for baby #2 I joined a trying to concieve group on here that was super supportive and made me feel like I wasn't alone. You might check it out. You work on what you need to work on and the rest will fall into place, husbands aren't good at listening sometimes or they just want to "fix" it. Mine is the same way. You can talk to me anytime and I will listen :-) Hang in there momma

matreshka
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:58 AM

welcome to the group!  you can talk to us anytime you want. MY SIL had a hard time conceiving and it was rough for her.  a counselor sounds like a great idea, hopefully they can help you with relaxation techniques and processing all the feelings you have.

Raeann11
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Quoting matreshka:

welcome to the group!  you can talk to us anytime you want. a counselor sounds like a great idea, hopefully they can help you with relaxation techniques and processing all the feelings you have.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Welcome to the group!

Naturewoman4
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:29 PM
Hi butterf. Sometimes when we think too hard about something, it doesnt happen. then we stop thinking about it, it happens :) try that. Yes, men dont help much sometimes. Not because they dont care. Just its something that they cant fix, and men like to be that hero. My parents/family doesnt care about me. So I know how it feels. just work on yourself & be happy with YOUR fam.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)