• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how's your breath?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:20 PM
  • 7 Replies

are you aware of how you breathe and do you notice how your breathing changes when you become stressed, anxious or sad?

Do you do breathing excerises to relax or to energise yourself?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
strictmomhere
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:52 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrssummerlin
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:39 PM
I don't do any breathing excersies, but I do notice a change.

When I'm anxious my breath is quick and shallow, angry it's deep and slow, and depressed it like I stop all together. I mean I know I'm still breathing, but it's like I go catatonic and you could hold your finger under my nose and wouldn't feel a thing.

When I'm happy it's steady, and when I'm excited it's hard to catch a normal rythem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zboys
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Oh, yes, I'm very aware of how I breathe.  There are times when it feels like my brain is not getting enough oxygen and I have to really work at it to take a few deep breathes to get it up there, if that makes sense.  Sometimes I will be lying in bed for a few minutes after I wake up and suddenly I will take a deep breath or two and it feels really good to get that extra oxygen!  I am definitely a shallow breather and when I'm anxious about something my breathing will shorten even more than it already is.  I definitely need to make a better effort at doing deep breathing exercises. 

Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:18 PM

sidesplittinglaughterI read the title thought you meant does it stink? I had to blow into the palm of my hand and see.  Oh seriously though I'm conscious of my breathing.  It's weird.   I start controlling my breathing and calming myself if I feel like I'm visibly showing signs of stress. It helps.  

ballerina.2006
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:22 PM
Ive been thinking about this all day. I am not very aware of my breathing. I do know I tend to hold my breathe some when Im mad.. its a family trait.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhodaj
by rho on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:33 PM

yes I do  an yes I do do breathing exercises to relax me

annaica
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:40 PM
Me too LOL

Quoting Cenedra64:

sidesplittinglaughterI read the title thought you meant does it stink? I had to blow into the palm of my hand and see.  Oh seriously though I'm conscious of my breathing.  It's weird.   I start controlling my breathing and calming myself if I feel like I'm visibly showing signs of stress. It helps.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)