• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Ever Find Yourself....

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:42 PM
  • 5 Replies
Watching TV and seeing/hearing women & what they do for work. How happy they seem. How nice it must feel to get up every morn. wear something pretty, makeup, jewelry & hair so pretty. I tend to feel bad, & wish I had that. I sometimes feel, man I didnt do my life right. Because now Im older & not working. Where as they have kids & a great career.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
zboys
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:43 PM

You could still look for work. 

wondra
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Yes I do! It's not just on tv either. I see it all around me. People with jobs that they love, making good money, have nice cars, go on wonderful vacations, etc. It makes me feel like a failure. I did have a job that I loved but was fired because the owner accused me of something that I did not do. I didn't make a lot of money, but it was enough to support myself. I've been looking for another job since the beginning of June and haven't had any luck with anything that pays better than minimum wage or is full time.

rhodaj
by rho on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Sometimes I do but if I could ever go back to work I would go back to my boring job that I wore the same type of clothes everyday and help people have a better life and that would be a nursing assistant. 

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Yeah but no life is ever wasted and you made a mark on this world in your own way. I wouldnt even entertain comparisons to anyone on tv or movies. It is easy to have a perfect life when someone else is dressing you up and asking you to play a part. Life is messy and contains countless forks in the road. we all make our path. A great career and perfect smile do not represent real life. I want to see reality. The only thing that I have ever seen on tv that comes close to being the common reality of life was the ROSEANNE show. There was always a mess to clean, a bill to pay, a low paying job to go to, kids to care for and a husband who hasnt yet grown up entirely, and an over weight mom trying to hold it all together without running through the streets screaming. You are a beautiful woman who has contributed to the world in her own way and will continue to do so. Also, dont forget that it is never too late to reach for your dreams. You are still here and have life to live. So,  LIVE IT MOMMA!

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:10 PM

its never to late to start working or for that matter getting up and cleaning up yourself and putting makeup on.you could work part-time or volunteer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)