Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question for all my friends here

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:51 PM
  • 22 Replies

I went to my therapist on monday and she recommended I start a journal. Does anybody else here have a journal that they write in on a daily basis?  I have taken an about face with my depression and it has hit me hard. She thinks if i write down how i feel and what happened on that day it will help. Anybody have any advice? Thanks and I hope everybody has a positive and good day.

Missy

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Naturewoman4
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:59 PM
Yes I write alot. I write down goals for myself, everyday. it helps me stay focus & positive. For the first time in a long time, I think Im getting it. I still have to keep working on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:03 PM

I have been keeping for a very long time. It does comfort me greatly. I do mine on the laptop and password protect it so that I am the only person who sees it. It does help. 

matreshka
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I dount jounral everyday, but when the needs hits so a few times a week, it helps to get everything out, its kind of like venting for me and i feel alot better after writing.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:51 PM

I do keep a journal, and I feel like it does help me to get my thoughts and frustrations out on paper.

alotleft2do
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:05 PM

I don't like to write but I do use the word processer on my computer and that works better for me because I can type faster then I can write, I can pick an ink color to fit my mood and a letter style to fit my mood.

zboys
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Quoting alotleft2do:

I don't like to write but I do use the word processer on my computer and that works better for me because I can type faster then I can write, I can pick an ink color to fit my mood and a letter style to fit my mood.

I like your idea of picking a color and letter style to fit your mood! 

I journal and it helps me alot.  For those things I don't want anyone to see, I just write a letter to God and then put it in my God box (the shredder).  I say the serenity prayer after the letter's been shredded.

wondra
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I only do it when I am really upset or stressed about something and just did it for the first time last week. It was actually a letter to the person who I was having an issue with-I have no intention of sending it-but just typing it out was therapeutic for me. I did it on my laptop too.

Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:22 PM

journals work awesome.  I got me a special big leather type one that I used to write in daily.  It really did help focus my mind and relax me...even if I wound up crying I'd still get it out.   Sometimes you see things in a clearer perspective when you write out your thoughts, feelings and events. Plus you get to practice your writing and creativity

mysterygal67
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:23 PM

i like the password protected idea. what program do you use for that. What i am afraid of is getting more depressed by reading what i have written on a previous day. but everybody seems to be giving me positive advice, maybe i should give it a try. thanks to everybody

annaica
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:34 PM
I did journaling here and there. Sometimes I four d it helpful and sometimes I didn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)