Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

growing up who was your best friend are you still friends now

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:18 PM
rho
  • 16 Replies

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:22 PM

my best friends were my neice and my sister. my neice is now dead, died at 35 of diabetes and my sister doesnt speak to me anymore . hasnt in about 10 years.

Elayna90
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:33 PM
My best friend was Kaitlin. We are still friends but not as close as we were once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elmo6885
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:41 PM
I moved around a lot so I wasn't able to keep track of my childhood friends. All my good friends from highschool are heavy into drugs so we don't talk anymore. I have two good friends right now but we are all so busy that I don't see them often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wondra
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:15 PM

My best friend from my childhood was Lori. We became friends in second grade. I moved away when I was 15 and we kept in touch for many years. Somehow we lost touch but thanks to Facebook we have gotten back in touch with each other. We are not as close as we were before but I still consider her a good friend.

EireLass
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Yes, we've been friends for 49 years. 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:59 PM

My best friend was Lori, she lived across the street and we've been friends since before I can even remember. I was a year ahead of her in school so when I went to jr high that's when we started to grow apart. We've always tried to keep in touch, and I was in her wedding. Her hubby has been stationed in Japan for the last several years, so I haven't seen them much, but they will be back stateside in October :-)

Celtic_Dragon
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:57 PM

My best friend I met when I was 14, almost 15. She had long brown hair and big boobs. That's what I first remembered about her. LOL. I love her even to this day. Even though those were very tough days at school for me they were my very best days because of her. I've honestly forgotten most of what had happened with everything else. The only thing I've ever remembered was her. I miss her sooo much. We live very far apart.

I had another best friend. The three of us belonged in a trio of bffs. She and I weren't as close but we were getting closer as we grew up and realized we had a lot more in common than we thought. She died last August. Rolled her truck. I cried a lot and still feel pangs of sadness about a friendship that was late to bloom and died before fully opening. . .

alleycat_2
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:05 AM
I had two best friends. Both since I was in 4th or 5th grade. We were a trio. One moved but we still stayed friends as if she still live down the block. The other I will never speak to. But I'm glad to say that my best friend is like my sister. We call each other sister from another mister and she will be the godmother to my kids. I love her and tell her everything. I have been there during her worst times and vice versa. She is the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:09 AM
My longest friend I met the summer prior to 2nd grade. She lived 2doors down in TLF (temp housing on base). This was back in 95. We still keep in touch mainly through facebook.

My bff of all time I met in the fall of 01 when I moved to Alaska. She is more like a sister. She lives in Utah and we rarely talk due to our different schedules but I can call her about anything at any time. It was her and her bff and then I came along. I love both of them (they have the same first name spelled differently)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:36 AM

I didn't just have 1, I had 3...the 4 of us were never apart. I'm still good friends with 2, but 1 of them is lost...none of us have been able to find her or get ahold of her, and not even her brother knows where she is. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)