Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This feeling really SUCKS!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:50 PM
  • 4 Replies

I hate being depressed.  For the better part of 2011 I have been in a manic state sided with extreme mood swings, anger issues, anxiety and such... As much as I hated everyone walking on eggshells around me, I loved my productivity, energy levels, GENIUS ideas, motivation, drive, ect. 

My doctor recently prescribed me Paxil to help with my anxiety and mood swings--they had just becomew too much to handle alone--and they've got me feeling depressed.  Super depressed.  Don't want to clean, cook, go to class, or even get out of bed.  I HATE this feeling.  I feel like a freaking lazy sloth.  I'm ready to stop taking them and go back to crazy, but I'm going to give it a full month first. 

Hopefully this depressive state goes away soon.  In the mean time Im just going to be miserable and my hubby is going to curse pharameceuticals even more.  Everyday he says "I hate seeing you like this.  My crazy vivacious wife is wayyy better". 

What I wouldn't give to have a "normal" head.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
rhodaj
by rho on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Welcome to the group.  I would suggest that you would call your dr and tell him/her what is going on since you have been taking the that paxil

leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:10 PM

welcome to the group! my doctor and the pharmacist both told me it takes two weeks to a month to adjust to new meds. I hope that the Paxil kicks in and evens out for you!

matreshka
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:33 AM

welcome! i'm bipolar too.  sometimes i have those GENIUS ideas and my manic phase is super productive, everyone seems to love me when i'm like that, then judge me when i'm crashing.  its not a problem for anyone until i start getting paranoid and acting strange.

My DH is supportive to a point, since im not polly perfect pants he thinks the meds arent helping me.  he forgets that i am not psychotic right now and while moody, im functioning.

i hope your depression goes away soon.  do you mood chart at all, sometimes people have patterns and over time learn how to make the ups and downs less severe.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:18 PM

i know exactly what you mean. i have been in that depressive state for over a year and my body has paid for it phyically. im trying some new meds now so well see how it goes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)