Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't cry

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

I don't get it. Yes I get teary at times, very strange times like often in general conversations, but when I am upset I don't cry really. Sometimes the tears will roll down my cheeks, but there is NO real crying. I didn't even cry when my mom died suddenly. I wish I would cry! I think it would be so good for me to be able to really let go. I am alone most of the time so it's not like I am afraid that someone will see me or hear me. I don't even ever really feel that close to bawling. The last time I really had a good cry was about 13 years ago. I have had plenty of things to cry about and it would be so relieving to just have it happen, but it doesn't.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
rhodaj
by rho on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:19 PM

I'm sorry there is some people that can't cry, I have friend that can't cry and her and her councler are working on why she can't show that emotion,

Elayna90
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:59 PM
I am sorta that way. I cry but when I'm really mad but whrn I'm upset, nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wondra
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:56 PM

I will sometimes "cry" more when I laugh hard, like tonight, I was reading those stupid autocorrect things and I was laughing so hard that it just about turned to crying, not just tears from laughing, it just about flipped to sadness. I guess my emotions are messed up.

JeannieBee
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:09 AM

I haven't really cried since I've been on certain meds.  Several years ago I cried every day and couldn't help it.  My therapist said that sometimes you have to trade one thing for another...so when I was crying I was being too depressed and needed to change meds.  Now, the meds I take have blocked the crying part of me and while I'm not as depressed, I have a hard time crying.  Talk to your doctor or therapist.  I guess for some of us it's one or the other!

matreshka
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:26 AM

I used to be like that, its because i held things in for so long. some days i sob uncontrollabley over nothing but i feel better afterward.  have you tried to journal the things you're keeping inside or talk to a therapist about it to help process it out and move on?

Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:28 AM

maybe you put up a lot of emotional barriers over the years.   I know sometimes I'm afraid to cry..coz once that dam of emotions breaks it aint pretty

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)