Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ppd

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:49 PM
  • 5 Replies
I think I have ppd. I have my pp check up Thursday and will talk to my dr. But my son is 6 weeks old and I can't stand it when he cries. I have to force myself to hold him. Even feeding him I don't want to hold him(ff) I knew this would happen I was thinking about adoption while pregnant and ended up keeping him. I love him and would never harm him I just don't feel like I did when I had my first! I feel like a failure :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mamivon3
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:52 PM

You're not a failure. You did what you think is best for the both of you. And you are still doing the best. By aknowledging that you have PPD and thinking about talking to your dr. That is good and an important step. You'll get through this.

brandonsmom2010
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:56 PM
Thanks I'm just glad I have this website. No one else understands what I'm going through.

Quoting Mamivon3:

You're not a failure. You did what you think is best for the both of you. And you are still doing the best. By aknowledging that you have PPD and thinking about talking to your dr. That is good and an important step. You'll get through this.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamivon3
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Your welcome. That's what we here for. We're warrior moms like katherine stone of Postpartum Progess likes to say.

zboys
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:38 PM

It's normal to not like hearing the baby cry.  I hope your appointment goes well.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:58 PM

yes you need to discuss this with yor dr. good luck to you. i hope things go better for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)