• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling like a yo-yo

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:06 AM
  • 5 Replies

Have you ever had that yo-yo feeling?  Yesterday I was a low as low can be.  Today I am the total opposite.  I feel like I'm on speed today.  I'm guessing this isn't a good thing.  Yesterday I had to do something I really wasn't looking forward to doing and I think that's why I was so low.  My husband is a recovering alcoholic and his therapist asked if I would come in and speak with him.  My anxiety about the visit was so bad I almost didn't go.  But I went because I wanted to show my husband that I will support him in any way that I can.  I came home feeling like a wet noodle.  Today I feel like I can do anything.  I just wish I could maintain a even level of feeling and not bounce around all the time.  I'm procrastinating, but I think it's time to see the Doc about a med change. 

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sapphiremoon143
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Ugh I hate feeling like that! Call your DR and get a med up or change I did and its finally evening out! Good luck and hugs!

Jen

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:57 PM

I agree that it's time to see the dr. I hope everything works out! *hugs*

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Sep. 15, 2011 at 6:29 AM

i think its great of you to go and support your husband. are you biplar my chance? that usually makes you feel like a yo-yo. i think it would be a good idea if you did see your dr and explain to him how you feel.best of luck

matreshka
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 6:34 AM

I've had that feeling on and off meds, if you're on meds and feeling like that def. go to the doc and tell them what's going on.

kniz6
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Quoting lyrick24:

i think its great of you to go and support your husband. are you biplar my chance? that usually makes you feel like a yo-yo. i think it would be a good idea if you did see your dr and explain to him how you feel.best of luck

I haven't been diagnosed bipolar but who knows I could be.   I prob. need to go see a counselor but can't afford to have 2 people in therapy at the moment.  At this point in time I feel it's more important for the hubby to go.  I'm hoping a med. change will help for now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)