• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tough Love for kids...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:28 PM
  • 4 Replies
This is subject im very passionate about. I want to write a book on it. I love to start a Tough Love Group This is becoming an academic in this Country. I hope even parents of young kids, its would be helpful for them too. Not to worry you, but so moms to be prepare. I wish I was. I was too naive. Not my kids. They NEVER got in trouble. High achieves & BOTH were Valedictorian in their class. BOTH their BA & have great jobs! BUT I had to open my eyes, that they too needed tough love. I didnt want all my love, care & hard work in raising them, turn out disrespectful. Is anyone having any problems? Lets talk about it here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:55 PM

yes my youngest who is 20 now was a high achiever in school. always winning awards for her grade point averge. since the day she started school on through high school. she was an excellent child and young woman. now she has changed into the hatefulest person i know on the earth.she said she is even praying for my death. i gave her everything and every ounce of love i had in my body and now she has turned on me like a tiger. if im not handing or doing everthing she wants she goes off. she has even beat me up before and i had to call the police on her. she ripped my clothes comepletely off my body as she was hitting me.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:58 PM

I am not having problems yet, but I know it's coming in the next few years as she becomes a teenager and hits high school. I also believe that kids need tough love. They need boundaries and they need to take responsibility for their own actions. I went to a six week long seminar called Love & Logic parenting and it was a GREAT class. I would highly reccomend it for parents of children of any age.

Naturewoman4
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:50 AM
Melissa I know you hate hearing this, but you really need to get your daughters out of your house. I know how much it hurts. I know how hard it is. But your girls are not going to change. I hate to say this & I KNOW what a wonderful person you are BUT you're enabling them. PLEASE have the strength to put them out. IF you cant do that, please have some guidelines. They HAVE TO go off of presc. pills. LOOK for work OR go to school FT. GET CS from the dad of those kids, go to court for it. AND NEVER NEVER HIT YOU, CALL YOU NAMES OR STEAL. IF they just do ONE THEYRE OUT. BE STRONG! CALL CPS

Quoting lyrick24:

yes my youngest who is 20 now was a high achiever in school. always winning awards for her grade point averge. since the day she started school on through high school. she was an excellent child and young woman. now she has changed into the hatefulest person i know on the earth.she said she is even praying for my death. i gave her everything and every ounce of love i had in my body and now she has turned on me like a tiger. if im not handing or doing everthing she wants she goes off. she has even beat me up before and i had to call the police on her. she ripped my clothes comepletely off my body as she was hitting me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naturewoman4
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:56 AM
Thats great Leah, the Classes you went to. We never had classes like that. I just read Tough Love, which helped ALOT. Where I gained my strength was hearing horrible stories from other moms. Thats when I got really tough on my kids. Its up to my kids, IF they WANT ME in their life, they have to be respectful & I have to know/feel they love me by their ACTIONS not by their words.

Quoting leahbeah143:

I am not having problems yet, but I know it's coming in the next few years as she becomes a teenager and hits high school. I also believe that kids need tough love. They need boundaries and they need to take responsibility for their own actions. I went to a six week long seminar called Love & Logic parenting and it was a GREAT class. I would highly reccomend it for parents of children of any age.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)