Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm new here, but not experiencing anything new.

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:49 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have suffered from depression off and on for over 10 years. 

I had PPD after the birth of my son.  Then I was diagnosed "bi-polar" when he was about 18 months old.  But I seriously doubt that diagnosis... probably because I went in there and told them I was bi-polar and they went ahead and medicated me for depression, anxiety, and insomnia.  A few months later I stopped taking the medications and here I am 4 years later.  I have been pretty level emotionally and mentally for 4 years.

Until recently.  I am depressed.  A couple of months ago I started noticing some anxiety during certain situations, especially driving.  And over the past couple of weeks things have escalated.  I find it hard to do simple daily tasks and complete projects.

I had my 3rd baby almost 4 months ago.  My pregnancy and birth were amazing and exactly as I wanted.  But nothing else has gone right since then.  I need help because I am becoming destructive and I'm afraid if I keep this up my marriage will implode, my kids will hate me, and I will hate myself more than I already do.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:43 PM

First, I just want to say Welcome to the group!! I know you'll find tons of support here!!

I think you need to see a therapist if you're not already seeing one to discuss your feelings. Other than that, I don't know what else to say. *hugs*

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Sep. 15, 2011 at 6:47 AM

sounds like you might be developing ppd. i would talk to my dr about it and get on something for it asap. good luck

matreshka
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Welcome to the group! Are you comfortable with going to a therapist, they can help you and determine if its ppd, anxiety or bipolar, they can also help you with saving your relationship.  Also, they can recommend you to a psych doc if they thing kits something that needs to be medicated.

zboys
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 5:00 PM
Welcome and hugs!
annaica
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 5:41 PM

My anxiety was never a big deal until i found out i had ppd and then it all started showing up.  What all has been going wrong lately?  What is happening that you're scared the kids will hate you?  HUGS

annaica
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 5:42 PM

And welcome to the group welcome

I hope you find support here :)

leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:20 PM

hugs and welcome to the group! Like the other ladies suggested, maybe try going to a therapist?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)