Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weed or antidepressants

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:06 PM
  • 36 Replies
If you're dr. gave you the choice of weed or antidepressants which would you choose?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
midnight_storm
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:12 PM
Idk, I might try the weed because it's natural, but other natural antudepressants have helped in the pass. But I'd give it a try. Anything to help is a good thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Neither. I'm over my pot head phase(I stopped when I was 18) and it never helped with my depression or anxiety...and the pills were the same...I stopped at 16. I deal with my depression the old fashioned way now...natural remedies and talking it out.

WiccanMommy216
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Weed. go ahead, hate on me... lol

Mamivon3
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:36 PM

I never did drugs so Idk. I am on AD now and the seem to work.

Naturewoman4
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:40 PM
I dont believe in anything that is illegal. Even if a Dr. prescribed it. IF it was a terminal cancer, yes I would. I live in Calif. & I think Dr's give Med. Mar. out too easily. & for depression? wow I better stop here lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naturewoman4
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Also for me, antidep. I can still drive, work, & it doesnt smell, im not inhaling anything, it doesnt make me high.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrssummerlin
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Honestly I don't know...

dizzy77702
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:20 PM
Weed, I havent smoked pot for over 11 yrs now but it's the only thing that helped with my depression. It also didn't impair my ability to function or drive so I don't see what the big deal is with it.
mommybritt87
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:25 PM

this is how i feel too. an i have been on my meds for awhile an they do just fine for me so i would just stay on them..

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I dont believe in anything that is illegal. Even if a Dr. prescribed it. IF it was a terminal cancer, yes I would. I live in Calif. & I think Dr's give Med. Mar. out too easily. & for depression? wow I better stop here lol

ffpm10
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:27 PM
I don't think enough studies have been done on the long term effects of marijuana.
But I hate drugs of ANY kind
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)