Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Autumn brings falling leaves and a new crispness to the air.  It also brings shorter days and, for many, the onset of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).

We want to help you beat the seasonal blues before they have a chance to set in - and give you the opportunity to help your fellow moms at the same time!

Use the replies below to tell us your favorite mood boosters and coping tips. 

Do you have a trick for getting motivated to exercise (a proven mood booster)?  Tell us about it!  Is there an inspirational quote that helps when you're feeling down?  Share it below!  What are YOUR proven mood boosters?

One mom who replies to this post will be chosen at random to receive a $25 gift card to Target or Walmart (perfect for buying yourself a pick-me-up).  The more times you post, the better your chances of winning so share your best mood boosters, one post at a time!

I will "sticky" this post so it remains at the top of the discussion list throughout the fall and winter.  That way, you can pop in anytime you need a mood boost!

The Official Rules
To enter the this contest, reply to this post. Click on the 'reply to post' button at the top (or bottom) of that post. When the text box opens, add your reply. Once you've added your reply, click on the "Add Reply' button.

• Posts must be made between Thursday, October 13 at 9 am EST and Wednesday, October 19, at 11:59 pm EST.  
  • This contest will end on Wednesday, October 19, at 11:59 pm EST. 
  • One winner will be selected randomly.
  • The winner will be posted on this thread and will be notified via CafeMom PM.
  • Multiple replies are allowed and will increase  your chances of winning.
  • Prizes are only available to members who live in the US or Canada (excluding Quebec).
  • Prizes must be claimed within 10 days of notice of winning.
  • One winner will receive a $25 gift card to Target or Walmart (winner's choice).
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 9:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
annhart19
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Taking a nap
annhart19
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Listening to music
annhart19
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Playing with puppies
annhart19
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Snuggline with puppies
ColorMeCrazy
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I liked a bunch of pages on Facebook that post beautiful pictures and inspirational quotes throughout the day. It ends up filling my feed up with happy things, I love it!!

ColorMeCrazy
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Taking care of the newborn kitten we just found. This morning my dh ran to let me know that one of her eyes opened lol. The excited look on his face made me love him so much at that moment :)

ColorMeCrazy
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Making a "nest" on the floor and snuggling with my girls for movie time. 

Mamivon3
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2011 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I alwasy start knitting when it's get colder. When my kids are in bed I sit down and watch one of my recordings and just knit ahead.

Quoting Raeann11:

knitting

UltimateGrandma
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 12:03 PM

besides the SAD light, drawing with pencil rather than computer  (I am an artist/illustrator), Writing with a pen and paper rather than typing, and ... this is going to sound VERY odd... cleaning my kitchen constantly with an ammonia based cleaner to get all the built up greasy areas completely clean!  ( even burner tops and grills, cabinet handles and doors, and making all appliances  sparkle!)

Mamivon3
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2011 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Watching movie with my kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)