Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone have this or know about it? I talked to our case worker today and she asked how I would feel if my dh was diagnosed schizophrenia. I told her I wouldnt believe it because people that I have heard that have it cant work. My dh can work and has been working. When I looked up different schizos I saw schizophreniform and it sounded better because it doesnt effect you all the time and you can do normal things. It is similar to schizophrenia but not as bad at affecting stuff. So anyone know anymore about it or know anyone with it?
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 4:19 PM
Replies (11-16):
annaica
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 9:43 PM
Can you get a second opinion thru a disability clinic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zboys
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2011 at 10:08 PM

My mom has told us all our lives that she is schizophenic, but sometimes it's hard to believe 'cause she's really good with numbers.  She did taxes for years and now does them as a volunteer.

krystaldawn_21
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 11:29 PM
I have been doing a lot of reading. If they do say it is schizophrenia he will get on meds and see what works. He just seems so "normal" that it is hard to believe that he would have schizophrenia. I thought if he were to have anything it would be bipolar. Either way I am glad to know that it is treatable and he can lead a productive life. One thing he doesnt do is show emotion like he should. I belive its called flat emotion or something like that. He doesnt show emotion like crying or sadness like he should.
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2011 at 6:43 AM

are you thinking of schizo-affective disorder - poeple can live very productive lives even with that diagnosis, its kind of like bipolar or depression where there are mood changes but also pyshcosis outside and unrelated to mood. if its just related to mood then its usually bipolar.  this is why they ruled out schizoaffective and dx'd me with bipolar when i lost it in my late 20's.  also i had already been dx ad bipolar in my teens.

knightymama
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 12:12 PM

I would fight cps tooth & nail. It seems like once they have their claws in you they'll do anything to take & keep your kids. I never had my kids taken but I did have someone call & lie on me and they came to my house and looked around in cabinets, fridge etc. I was pissed. Nothing came of it though because they lied. Good luck & I would def get another opinion if it's their dr saying he has it.

krystaldawn_21
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 2:14 PM
I will be asking for a second opinion. Wether he has it or not I do know that he can do everything normally. Our therapist said that they wanted him out of the picture at the very start of our case but since we are fighting it they cant do much. I know they are trying to convince me to leave him and I will if they say they will take my rights away if hes around if they go to take his. I hope I changed our caseworkers mind though. I told her why give u on someone thats willing to fight for the change they need and want? Thank you ladies for your support through all of this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)