Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mental health professionals won't take my insurance.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM
  • 8 Replies

I've been seeing a therapist at the local mental health clinic.  I talk to her every two weeks for about an hour at a time.  I also see a dr. there to receive a prescription for Celexa for my anxiety and depression.  The last time I was there to see both of them, my therapist told me that they no longer accept my insurance.  This means that I can no longer see a therapist there, and if I continue to see the dr. for my prescription I must pay her $35 for each visit once a month.  So I called my primary care physician, and he will give me the prescription.  I get it filled at Walmart for $4.  He accepts my insurance, and so far he doesn't even need to see me in order to give me the prescription. 

Here is my dilemma:  Should I pay to see another therapist, since right now that is not a free option?  My friend knows someone who goes by a sliding scale, and I can see if she will accept my insurance or not.  She goes by our income, and I must send her my DH's paycheck stubs, since I'm a SAHM. 

What should I do now? 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:59 AM
I would go for the sliding scale therapist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StormWarrior666
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:02 PM

yeah i agree go for the sliding scale lady or man. that sounds like a really good option i hope things work out for you

ishie4ever
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:07 PM
I think that's my only option. It's either this or don't go to anyone. Somehow I think I should keep seeing a therapist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I think seeing a therapist is important, Iwould go to a sliding scale one or call you insurance to see where you can go.

ishie4ever
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:13 PM
Thank you! I had hoped to get better enough on my own to no longer need to see a therapist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ishie4ever
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 8:48 PM
I found out that a therapist would cost $30 a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XOXOArmyWife
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 7:40 PM

I hope you found something but there is another company that will accept the circumstances; they are great if you need a backup plan like what you need or if you want to just use them primary. I work for the company actually; the rates range from $14.95-$49.95; they're a benefits comany and covers what normal insurance companies will not. Feel free to contact me if you'd like more info; good luck :)

rhodaj
by rho on Nov. 17, 2011 at 10:18 PM

I would get a recomendation from your theropist you have now. They know alot of them that would take your insurance and would know which ones would be good for your situation

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)