Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overeating

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:33 PM
  • 43 Replies

I've been so stressed lately that I've been over eating and gaining some of the weight back that I lost.  It sucks, I know I'm doing it for comfort but I can't seem to shake it.  All i want is carbs and chocolate!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessicabuff
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Im with ya!! I had lost 25 pounds, but it has all came back!!! I have started dieting again as of today

Niborcb
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Me too! I lost almost 25 lbs on Jenny Craig and then when my depression got real bad this summer I stopped going. And I'm an emotional eater so the weight is starting to creep back up. Which makes me more depressed and eat more! Vicious cycle.

JrGator8815
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I noticed yesterday while getting ready for a party that my stretch marks were starting to come back on my stomach.  I knew my healthy eating habits were hurting, but seeing the stretch marks without being pregnant made me want to cry.  Having a job where I sit on my butt all day doesn't help either.    Something I do for myself once a month is a veggie and fruit detox.  No crazy pills, pharmacy diet liquids.  I do two days of fruits, veggies, and liquids (water, juice, tea, etc.).  Then the next five days I slowly start bringing in more complex foods like dairy, protein, carbs.  This does a couple of things for me.  It cleans me out without feeling hungry, I drop a few pounds, and by the end of it I don't even crave sweets, alcohol, fatty foods, etc.  It's like resetting your body.  You feel fabulous, and like you did something good for yourself.  Of course you have to try to maintain healthy eating or you'll be right back where you started, but this has worked for me.  Even shopping for the foods is therapeutic.  Best of luck to you.  Just remember you are beautiful no matter what and a great mom. 

cecilia923
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:08 PM
I 'm the same way .I lost weight but since it's been cold, all i do is eat.LoL
leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:07 PM

I'm right there with you!

Tracys2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Yup. When I am tired in the day (often) I eat a sweet snack of some sort, and at night I can't wind down (bath and book doesn't work) so most nights, it's either tasty nachos that calm me down or a beer, or both.

I don't mind the beer, so long as it's only 1 or less, and not very often, but I need to keep the amount of food limited, and I really need to cut down on the candy, because if I eat a lot of them, I feel icky.

As for my weight, I'm not 100% happy about it, but neither am I unhappy enough to do something about it. I do try to eat a healthy (except coffee drink) breakfast, lunch and dinner, and at least one healthy snack- so that is decent nutrition.

matreshka
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM

That sounds good :) I'm going to have to turn it around myself too. I made a healthy early dinnfer of strifry and tofu.

Quoting Jessicabuff:

Im with ya!! I had lost 25 pounds, but it has all came back!!! I have started dieting again as of today

matreshka
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM

It is a vicsious cycle. the weather got cold so I started walking less, then my arthritis flared up and got depressed about that.  We gotta break the cycle somehow.  I have to remind myself there are free workouts on my on demand cable.

Quoting Niborcb:

Me too! I lost almost 25 lbs on Jenny Craig and then when my depression got real bad this summer I stopped going. And I'm an emotional eater so the weight is starting to creep back up. Which makes me more depressed and eat more! Vicious cycle.

matreshka
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Thanks for the advice or support. Generally I am a healthy eater but I've been buying crap at the store because I feel so lousy.  I have to remind myself about shoppping therapeutically.

Quoting JrGator8815:

I noticed yesterday while getting ready for a party that my stretch marks were starting to come back on my stomach.  I knew my healthy eating habits were hurting, but seeing the stretch marks without being pregnant made me want to cry.  Having a job where I sit on my butt all day doesn't help either.    Something I do for myself once a month is a veggie and fruit detox.  No crazy pills, pharmacy diet liquids.  I do two days of fruits, veggies, and liquids (water, juice, tea, etc.).  Then the next five days I slowly start bringing in more complex foods like dairy, protein, carbs.  This does a couple of things for me.  It cleans me out without feeling hungry, I drop a few pounds, and by the end of it I don't even crave sweets, alcohol, fatty foods, etc.  It's like resetting your body.  You feel fabulous, and like you did something good for yourself.  Of course you have to try to maintain healthy eating or you'll be right back where you started, but this has worked for me.  Even shopping for the foods is therapeutic.  Best of luck to you.  Just remember you are beautiful no matter what and a great mom. 

matreshka
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:02 PM

I was so happy with what I lost I was shocked to see my weight at the doctor's office.

Quoting cecilia923:

I 'm the same way .I lost weight but since it's been cold, all i do is eat.LoL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)