Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Because of Depression?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

Iam a very bad person for doing this but after a year of struggling with depression and pyschosis i have to admit i dont get things done and now im in big trouble with my bills because of it. I feel awful and i wonder if my depression is to blame? Maybe I shouldnt be a mother because iam too unstable to even take care of myself. I hope and pray everything works out and that i NEVER do this again but iam very scared and its causing me anxiety. Has anyone done this before???

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tigerlover85379
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:24 PM

BUMP!

tigerlover85379
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I called the suicide helpline and i still dont feel good. I know its up to me to get off my ass and do something but how other ways can i fix my probs all my probs seem like they will never go away so is anyone there i can vent to?

Tracys2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Well, I have had some problems with things like that, and disorganisation. But I just accepted my weakness and set everything up on auto bill pays, and I have a great credit rating because of it.

i feel like you sometimes- no. A LOT. But I try to find ways around it, even if they aren't perfect mothering. I have a hard time getting the kids to come home from the park, I get a playset for the back yard. I don't do well with phones, I try to get everyone I can set up to email me or talk to them in person. I feel overwhelmed by 6 years of not being alone, I start my youngest in preschool. It's not ideal (and some of them are quite expensive), but it makes up for some of my faults, so that's the best I feel I can do.

Nobody's perfect. And if you were perfect, your kids would HATE you for it :-) Anyway, we already are parents (i had no idea how demanding it would be, or I probably wouldn't have my sweet almost-3 year old), so now it's a matter of finding the best we can do

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:58 PM

oh yes, I've definitely gotten myself in money trouble before! And it's going to take me years to climb back out of the credit card debt that I've gotten myself into. Every one of my paychecks would barely cover the bills I had coming in and I finally had to put my big girl panties on and deal with it. It's really hard, but I know you can do it!

tigerlover85379
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:08 PM

I dont do well with phone calls either thats one of my issues and the others are dealing with my FIL so i ignore him and i constanstly worry about what people think of me and iam extremeley paranoid. The person on the hotline thinks i should bring up to my shrink about my paranoia and thinks iam over the neighbors always watching me but its TRUE. I feel angry and idk why very unstable at the moment.

Laurie3200
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Are you on any type of medication for depression?  For years, I was one that couldn't get things done, couldn't deal with this or that, felt so run down a lot, would start a task but couldn't complete it, and yes, I felt terrible about myself for being that way.  Was in to see my doc for one thing and mentioned the above, and was told it was depression. Started me on medication and I soon came back to life, and was able to take control of my actions, or non-actions in this case.  Have been on several, and so far, Cymbalta has proven to be the best for me.  I wish you all the best :-) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)