Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have just been smaked in the face!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:07 PM
  • 22 Replies
By reality! I am slowly realizing no matter how I look at my situation I am going to have to divorce my dh no matter what. This sucks but I am ok with it because I will be getting my kids back and he supports me in my decision to fight like h*ll for our kids and thats what Im going to do. Well I thought I would share. How are you?
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jonathanmomma
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:10 PM
Where are your kids? Why do you have to divorce him? Do you not get along? (I'm not being rude, I'm confused)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:27 PM

you'll be divorced, but still "together" right? Maybe down the road when all the requirements are met with CPS, you can remarry :-)

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:30 PM
Our kids are in foster care right now. Cps doesnt want my dh around even though they legally cant tell us to get divorced I know thats what they want. I will also have to move and be on my own. We get along fine but we know that cps doesnt want us togethrr especially since their psych dr diagonsed him with schizophrenia.
Pippi747
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Wow what a situation you are in.  Get divorced from someone you get along great with or don't get your kids back.  That is a toughie :)  Hugs!  I can imagine how hard it has been to make this decision.

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:04 PM
Our kids are with cps. The dont want him with our kids especially since their dr diagnosed my dh with schizophrenia. Nobody except them thinks he has it. They also said he has a personality disorder. His gaft score was below a 50 so that was supposed to mean he cant do social activities like work and such. He works and is a manager so I dont believe that either. We are slowly accepting the fact they will do anything to keep him away from our kids so we feel divorcing would probably be best. Idk if we can remarry later on because they might try to mess with us again. We can be together even after a divorce but we cant be living together till after cps is out of our lives. Even then we would have to be careful.
krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:08 PM
Lol I just put the same thing twice I realized but the second one is more in depth. Im glad he supports my decision though to keep trying to get our kids back. He knows I wont give up.
AllThatBabyJazz
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:14 PM

I hope things work out for you

savannahjorgia
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:40 PM
I just don't understand, this must be a state by state or county thing. My ex mother in law has schizophrenia and bi polar, she has been seeing a mental health professional and taking medications for it for atleast ten years. They never once mentioned taking her daughter away from her, who is just not 13 years old. Its gotten so bad that she has checked her self into a psych ward a hand full of times. Never once did anyone step in except family when needed. She's has became so incapable of parenting her child that they moved in with her 18 year old daughter and her young family so that the 18 year old can raise her 13 year old sister instead of the mom. Also, she hasn't been employed throughout these years and has been put on disability because she is mentally to unstable to hold a job.

Your husband is living a near normal life, still working and such. He is seeking help obviously, so why would they do that? Take away his children and force his wife to divorce him just so one parent can have the children. Isn't there another way?

What was the reason they took the children? I know other people who have been diagnosed with schizophrenia who still have their children but are watched closely and have hhs check up on them and have in home visits. Id seek out a lawyer and find out your rights, it sounds like some bs is going on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:01 PM
They got involved because he admitted to popping our son in the mouth. He did do it with a closed hand so they call it punched. He didnt leave a mark and nothing happened to his mouth or anything. They took them away becausr I let my dh around us to help me with our kids after I had our 3rd child. My blood pressure was high and the meds made me loopy and then my csection cut was starting to open. They wanted me to rest as much as possible and with 2 toddlers thats near impossible. I needed help so he came to help. They went by a "feeling" that he was living with me and not knowing. I was so upset and still am. My dh is terrified of taking the meds because a long time ago he did go to a mental hospital and he acted crazy (he was using illegal drugs at the time) and then their drugs made him act insane as well so he got diagnosed with schizophrenia again then. He went to MHMR last yr and they said they dont know why he got diagnosed with schizophrenia because he was fine. Cps wouldnt accept that so they wanted a psych eval done. We can challenge it by him going to get another done somewhere else but we cant afford it. They are so expensive. It feels like we are in a battle where we cant win. We cant afford an attorney and we are trying to get a court appointed one. Life sucks right now.
savannahjorgia
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM
How old is your son?

Im sorry you're having to go through all this. It must be hard.

I told my therapist last week, "its expensive for someone to try to save their own life", in regards to the prices that Drs and Phychiatrists charge just to "help" someone. Then when people get the "help" they need, they end up in debt and struggle to get out.

I hope whatever way you must go, that it is what's best for everyone. I think the fact that you have to divorce and leave you husband sucks, but you sound like a great mom that you will do whatever it takes to have your kids with you, even if that means having to divorce their father.

I just hope there is a way that they can also spend time with their father. They may not think he should be around his children, but they do need him, and he needs them. Are they thinking supervised visits then? That's so hard, but its something.

Best of luck to you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)