Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you ever went to the ER

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:03 PM
  • 10 Replies
When you felt so overwhelmed by evrything and feared you would do more do your kids than just lash out? You just go there, give them your kids and say you can't take it right now? Will you be in a room and calm down? When you calm, they give you the kids back and you can go home and that's it or does all hell break loose? :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma2kkw
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:09 PM
I would go alone.... doing that might get the kids takin.... atleast here in tn. I have had them thoughts and honestly I just left for a lil while. Can someone watch them for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsvixen
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:17 PM

I think all hell would break loose, they'd be worried that you would hurt the kids.

Mamivon3
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I'm sorry it took me so long to answer.I tried with my cellphon but it kept turning off on me when I finished writing and I just got home. I ended up going to a friend and let the kids run loose. I do have the ER scenario stuck in my head because a dr. Suggested it and said no harm done with that action and they rather have it that way then actually hurting someone. Just right now everything seems so hard. DH deployed with no idea when he comes back, my friends live either in another state or at least 15 miles away. Kids only hear what they want, yeah I know I need to better discipline, but I just can't do that. I lashed out on my oldest dd big time because I just had enough of her whining while I was trying to comb her hair. Yeah i get it hurst but there are so many knots in it and she screames like I stab her. I ended up hitting her cause I jsut didn't know what else to do. I need a break. Not like an Daycare couple of hours break, i need a real break. Away from the kids. Away from the mess at home, the worries.

smile357
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:49 PM

I would talk to your doctor about this. The ER solution might be true. There are also support groups for people that have loved ones deployed. I would also recoment that if you don't see a counselor yet you might want to start. Get the feeling out in a safe manner. She can teach you some effective coping mechinisms

annaica
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 1:06 AM
If you are any state aid or if the kids are you may be eligible for remedial services to come and help you with discipline. We all get overwhelmed and ANY LITTLE BREAK you can take every day adds up. It helps. But the ER will not do anything but recommend a psychiatric evaluation for your children and you. Before my son was medicated for his adhd, I got to the point where I couldn't handle him, nobody could and I went to the ER asking for help with it. They just got a social worker to give me a psychiatrist number and some local organizations that help. They didn't do anything and the visit didn't help at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 1:07 AM
Have you changed meds within the last 2 months?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:20 AM

Is there anyone at all that can watch your kids.  If you feel like you are going to hurt yourself or someone else you should go to the ER

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:49 PM

no you dont take your kids. usually you are going to be evaluated to see if you need to be inpatient in the psych hospital. do  you know someone who can babysit for you? do you need to go?

Mamivon3
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Yes I changed my med and have a appointment on wednesday. I still have up and downs. The ups getting better, but then the downs  look 10 times worse .

Quoting annaica:

Have you changed meds within the last 2 months?

Mamivon3
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:57 PM

I was just asking because the dr. told me about that option. I do a lot better today. I've been to church and had a talk with the parish coordinator. She even talked to DD, which I'm very thankful she did. I need to set me up a plan on what to do when I get so overly crushed by everything.

Quoting lyrick24:

no you dont take your kids. usually you are going to be evaluated to see if you need to be inpatient in the psych hospital. do  you know someone who can babysit for you? do you need to go?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)