Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dealing with death of a loved one

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:12 PM
  • 5 Replies
Dh's best friend and practical brother died on Thanksgiving. Dh and I were just at his house the night before! He was 34, the autopsy was inconclusive. However his family believes it was an aneurysm. I have to be strong for the kids, but I don't want to. He was our youngest ds's unofficial god father. This is so hard! My great grandma just passed away last month. I don't think I can deal with it if another death happens :'-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momma2kkw
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:18 PM
Omg :( im very sorry for your guys lost :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsvixen
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:14 PM

I'm so sorry for your losses *hugs*'

I lost my dad, five months ago tonite.

It does get easier, and you'll be able to remember him with a smile and think of the good times.

Encourage your dH to talk about him, remember all the good.

Jennifer_57
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 4:40 AM
My brother died the day before my daughtwrs birthday..it was harder than shit but my brothers best friend came over since he couldnt be there, which brought some peace. Ill tell you the truth, each day I have only gotten madder and more upset over it. I ended up having an emotional break down and slamming my fist into a wall, the wall is fine, not my hand though. My brother was my daughters god father, as well as Harley (his best friends) daughters god father. He accidently shot himself in the head..he was not stupid with guns, in fact he had known all about them and had permits to carry them concealed..he just got cocky one night with a new gun while drinking. Dont do what I do, I bottle everything up until I snap, and then I bottle it up again..there just arent any words to describe my emotions, so I dont talk about it. Make sure you talk about it with others if you can find the words, its not healthy the way I do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:27 AM

im so sorry you are having to go through this. i know it seems things are crashing down around you. cry when you need to cry. try to remember the good  things about your loved ones. talk about it if it helps. if it gets too b ad you may consider some grief counceling. best of luck to you.

matreshka
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:13 AM

I am so sorry for your loss.  I would definitely look up stages of grief and maybe talk to DH about seeing a councelor or religous leader of some sort if you're religious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)