Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:41 AM
  • 4 Replies

My name is Kayla, I'm a 21 yr old SAHM. I suffered depression since I was under 10, cant quite remember when it started. I was diagnosed when I was 16 and went to a government mental health facility on my own. My parents refused to beleive I had a problem, thought I was just seeking attention. My mother was very emotionally and verbally abusive, as I got older it turned into physical abuse. I was her scape goat, I have 4 other siblings and nothing happened to them. I was constantly grounded for simple things like missing the bus, I honestly dont think I ever did something bad enough to deserve being grounded for months on end. I was rebelious, but mostly because I was trying to find a way to be happy. My parents are strict mormons and I interpreted the teachings differently than they did, they didnt approve. I continue to have a horrible relationship with my mom, a distant relationship with my dad, and a restricted relationship with my 3 brothers and only sister. I am married just past 1 year =) and have 8 month old twin boys <3 I have only one friend. I am trying every day to beat this disease, I am thinking of going back to therapy after baby #3 is born, my husband and I have been fighting a lot lately. Mostly becasue I become very paranoid and freak out about minor things, its too stressful and unhealthy. I do not medicate for my problem, I only do cognative therapy. I have not felt the anxiety and paranoia from my depression in a couple years, I really dont miss the feeling. I hope to find some support to keep it from sneaking back in. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
matreshka
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Welcome to the group! I'm sorry you went through an abusive childhood.  I think cognative therapy is great and also helpful for trauma.  I use that, workbooks that either my therpaist has photocopied for me or ones i bought on my own that really helped.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:47 AM

welcome. im sorry things are so strained with you and your family. cognitive therapy is a good thing.it helped me out alot. and this is a good group for support. come in and vent anytime.

zboys
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Welcome to the group, Kayla.  Your boys are beautiful. 

rocketrider2011
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:52 PM

welcome to the group. Glad to have you! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)