Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I take a multi vitamin for depression

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:11 AM
  • 6 Replies
Does anyone take a multi vitamin for depression? I don't want to take synthetic Meds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
peacegirl205
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:30 AM
I do. But I take prescription meds also. There are plenty of vitamins and herbs for depression though.
lucy164
by Peggy on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:23 AM

vitamins  b-6  and b-12

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:30 AM

you can take a multi vitamin for your overall health but that is not going to do anything i wouldnt imagine for your depression. have you thought about st johns wort? omega 3? flax seed? i would look up natural remidies and go with that.

matreshka
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:33 PM

I do take meds but a multivitamin does help.  can you got to a doc and get some bloodwork to see if you have vitamin and mineral deficiencies?   vitamins that help are b complex with c.  Omega 3's either from fish, flax, or hemp do help.  Magnesium helps.  getting out in the sun helps. aromatherapy with lavender and citrus esssential oils help. There are some herbs too but do your research with those.

lcmeloy
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:52 AM
Why did you say do some research with those? Is there something wrong with natural herbs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:18 AM

Some herbs are quite powerful and have interactions to other health problems. I use herbs all the time like ginger and cinnamon for their many benefits and tumeric for my arthritis and eczema.  But for me, St. johns wort will make me sick after a while.

I think herbs are great :)

Quoting lcmeloy:

Why did you say do some research with those? Is there something wrong with natural herbs?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)