Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if christmas depresses you....

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:22 AM
  • 5 Replies

what do  you do on christmas day?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
matreshka
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Its usually the quietness of christmas afternoon-evening where i get depressed.  Since I've been married DH and I order Thai delivery watch movies and gossip about our wacky families in a fun way. (we are usually starving because we can't eat much at either of our family's since he's a veggie and Im currently vegan)

anagalia011
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:42 PM

I watch the Macy's day parade.  I don't cook b/c l never have company.  My 14 year old is with his father and his new family.  They go to eat at my ex husbands wife's mother's house.  It's pretty much just a normal day for me except for watching the parade and Christmas movies on T.V. Some times it can be depressing b/c after l buy all the gifts for everyone.  I do not get not 1 gift.

someonesinlove
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:58 PM

This year will be different I moved to another state no family around here besides my kids, we usual opened present but I can't afford presents this year for my kids. Hopefully I have money to cook them christmas dinner. so this year we are just going to hang out like it is just another day. 

Naturewoman4
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:22 AM
Christmas & the Holidays always has me kinda dep. I go into the stores & see all the decorations & that makes me feel down. Esp. when they play Christmas music. What I do is non-Christmas related things. Like a non-Christmas movie. It just seems the Holidays go on forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:30 AM

I struggle most on the Christmas's that my daughter is with her dad. On those years I just put on a happy face and celebrate with my parents and sister. When breakfast is eaten, and presents are opened, then I crawl into bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)