Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need suggestions for my mom who has my nephew(sorta long sorry)

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:23 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ok my mom has legal custody of my nephew because his parents are losers that are selfish,especially my sister. His dad is back in prison anyways. Ok well today my mom called me and had me go to her house because my nephew was acting up. He threw everything around the living room plus his room. He threw scissors at my mom. He has punched her in the ribs before and laughed at her. He then was fake crying (no tears) because I told him I was taking him to talk to a police officer so he can tell him that if he keeps it up he will be in trouble and will be sent to juvenile. So I took him there and a cop talked to him and told him if he didnt quit he would take him to juvenile and he would cry because he will be alone in a room. He talked some more and then we left. He was being ok, not too bad. Im not sure if this will keep him being ok or not. My mom is disabled and had a stroke and I can only help her so much especially with whats going on in my life. I feel so bad though because I dont know what she can do. She just started taking him to a behavioral place but he keeps getting worse. Hes very violent and spankings, taking things away, etc dont work for him. Oh and he is only 7!!! He is terrible. I mean nobody can handle him at all. What can my mom do? She is pretty sure he has something mentally wrong but we dont know what yet. Please if you have any suggestions let me know. My mom is afraid he is going to hurt her really bad some day.
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
matreshka
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:27 PM

The behavioral place he's going to should give your mom some answers. im sure its very tough with him having a dad in prison and his mom not around.

Angelicmom24
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:28 PM
Sounds like he could use counseling and psr..helps kid's that need help on learning how to act... also u can walk kids thru most junvile centers like u told him about it makes it more real and understandable opens his eyed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:50 PM
His parents have been in and out of his life since he was 2 weeks. The only stability he has had is my mom. My mom is going to call the behavioral place monday. She feels like she cant handle him anymore but she doesnt want him to go to foster care or anything like that.
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 4, 2011 at 5:41 AM

sounds like to me he needs extensive therapy. he is  probably angry because his mother left him and his dad is in jail. he may have something wrong with him. if the behavorial place is not helping him get him into see someone else with who he can relate.that is so sad at his age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)