Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

FTM - may be suffering from PPD

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 10:03 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hello Everyone,

I'm so glad to have a place to have a voice.  My LO is 3 months old on Saturday and i didn't think that i had a problem, but i cry a lot and get overwhelmed about everything and have anxiety about taking her out and her screaming and everyone looking at me thinking i'm a bad parent.  It's just scary and I sometimes feel alone.  I don't have many friends who have children, so they don't know what i'm going through.  I have a great mmother who has taken my daughter for a few days this week so that i can get some time to myself.  That's another thing, i feel guilty about wanting time to myself.  DH is great, but works a ton and is barely home except the weekends and does about 30% of the work then.  I'm going to the dr tonight to see what she says, maybe some meds will take the edge off.  I just don't want it to make me clouded. 

Do you ever miss your life before kids, I love my LO, but i can't remember how it was to be me.  I miss spending time with my husband, we're like 2 ships passing in the night, we barely see eachother.  I also feel guilty about wanting to go back to work, hoping that will help me feel more normal.

I appreciate any comments or insight

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
zboys
by Gold Member on Dec. 22, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Welcome.  I hope your doctor's appointment goes well and that she's able to give you some insight.  Do something for yourself every now and again like soaking in a bubble bath or something when your baby is sleeping.  HUGS

MrsBoats08
by Member on Dec. 22, 2011 at 3:43 PM
Welcome to the group! Don't feel gulity about wanting time to yourself!! I'm sending you a message :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abby243
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Hope your dr gave you some insight. I have a 10 month old and still have days like this. They say the first year is always that hardest. I can totally feel overwhelmed time to time. If you ever need to vent, even just a "ahhhhhhhhhh", send me a message.
annaica
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 3:55 PM
There is nothing wrong with wanting some time to yourself. Especially when you're overwhelmed.
I hope your appointment went well. Are you able to get in to see a therapist?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)