Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

New

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi i had my 2nd and 3rd child on the 18th dd and a ds. i also have a 5 yr old ds. i did not feel this way when i had my first but i noticed right away that i was not feeling right after the twins.  i have PPD and i am on meds for it so far they seem to be helping but it would be nice to talk with other mothers that suffer from the same thing as me.

by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
annaica
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Hi :) glad to have you here with us! I hope you find plenty of support here in the group.
what medication are you using? Are you seeing a therapist also?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liltrippymom
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:31 AM

i am on cymbolta started at 30mg for a week now i am at 60mg seems to be helping. no therapist just my ob who is really awesome.

Quoting annaica:

Hi :) glad to have you here with us! I hope you find plenty of support here in the group.

what medication are you using? Are you seeing a therapist also?
eweddle25
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I have PPD too.  I had regular depression before I ever even got pregnant so I knew the risks of me getting PPD.  It has made it difficult to bond with my little and feel like I truly love him and I noticed it right away like you.  My DR. upped my meds and sent me to a therapist.  I'm taking Pristiq and Abilify.  I have only been to see my therapist for a couple of times but it seems to be helping.  I hope the Cymbalta works for you.  I tried it and it made me feel jittery.  It was not good.  I ended up ripping off my toe nails and picking all the lent off my couch and I just couldn't stop.  Good thing there are so many different anti-depressants out there since every person is different.  Have you tried massage and aromatherapy.  That can help a lot too.  I get a massage every month and it does wonders for my mood.  Hope things improve and you are able to take care of your little family.  Good luck mama!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN