Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another newbie, a little info about me :)

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi everyone!  My name is Ryan and I'm new to this group.  I've been dealing with MDD and self-injury for about 15 years now.  I've been seeing a counselor for the past year and a half, but having to deal with infertility has made the self-injury rear its ugly head once again.  I keep myself busy with full-time work and grad school, but the days I have to sit and think are usually the ones I try to avoid.  No time to think means no thoughts that get int the way! :)  I would love to meet some new people I can come to for support on those darker days!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
annaica
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Hello, and welcome :) I know how that feels... i hate slow days too and like to keep myself busy!
This is a great group, i am sure you will find support here!
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhodaj
by rho on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Welcome to the group. I am rho. you can always turn to anyone in the group for support on those days or any other day. Everyone in here is very caring and try to do there best to listen and talk to people

zboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Welcome, Ryan. 

matreshka
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Welcome to the group! We are definitely here for those darker days, what are you getting your Master's in?

JansRainbow
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Welcome to the group. I hate days that are slow and I'm home alone. Keeping busy helps so much. That's great you are in grad school. We are here whenever you need someone. You can get support and we care.

Butterflymami55
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:17 PM

hi Ryan =) welcome to the group! 

girlryan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Thanks :)  I'm actually getting my Master's in Clinical Counseling.  I'm on track (right now) to graduate in 2013.  I have struggled so much myself and I want to be able to help those like me.  My counselor has helped me so much and I've overcome so much with her and I want to be able to do the same for others.  

Quoting matreshka:

Welcome to the group! We are definitely here for those darker days, what are you getting your Master's in?

girlryan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Thank you all so much!  I'm looking forward to getting to know you all :)

matreshka
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:37 AM

That is great!  I have been tossing the idea back and forth of going back to school.  Here there is a dual program of a master's in social work at Springfield College plus a JD at Western New England College, to help represent the severely mentally ill.  I am still struggling with my bipolar but would love to go back to school.

Quoting girlryan:

Thanks :)  I'm actually getting my Master's in Clinical Counseling.  I'm on track (right now) to graduate in 2013.  I have struggled so much myself and I want to be able to help those like me.  My counselor has helped me so much and I've overcome so much with her and I want to be able to do the same for others.  

Quoting matreshka:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)