• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another Newbie =)

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:56 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hello!  I'm Jade; I'm a military wife and a stay at home mom.  I've been married for 10.5 years.  My kids are a 14 year old daughter and an 8 year old son.

I've never actually been diagnosed with depression, but I suspect I have some form of it.  I've even occasionally wondered if I'm bipolar or manic depressive.  I have a doctor's appointment in a few weeks, and I'm going to talk to her about it.  Being a military wife can make the whole doctor thing a pain in the butt; moving every 3-4 years isn't condusive to consistent medical care.

That's me in a nutshell.  If you want to know anything else, feel free to ask.  =)

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:58 PM

welcome to the group. im glad you made the decision to go to the dr and let them know about your concerns. hope everything works out good for you. vent anytime you need to.

annaica
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Welcome :)
I hope you get some answers at your appointment.
This group is awesome, i am sure you'll find support here.
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Welcome, Jade.  I hope your appointment goes well for you.  This is a great support group to be a part of. 

matreshka
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:36 AM

welcome to the group. it may take a couple of appointments to get a diagnosis.  think of the times when you've been depressed and use descriptive words with the doc, the same with any manic times you may have had.  good luck! let us know how it goes :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)