Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi I am new to this group I came to this group to get some support and how to cope with my mom's Death

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hi my name is  Bess I came to this group for some support.   My mother passed away on Christmas eve and I have been dealing with the funeral arrangements and cleaning out her apartment. I been taking this pretty hard and I am lost without her and lonely. My mother was not only my mom but she was my friend and my guidance and I wanted to make sure she knew I was there for her till the day she died.  I know why she went cause I gave her my blessing to go be with my dad and no more pain, no more suffering. It hurt me more to see her suffering while she was in the hospital.

I wished i knew I would loose her so soon that way I would of spent more time with her. There is nobody left in my family but me and my kids and they are my life and my world.  I miss talking to my mom on the phone when something goes wrong in my life and how to correct it.   I miss my mom calling me when ever she needed a ride to go shopping or errands.

The night she went into the hospital I never knew she wasn't coming back home. I always thought positive that she would be ok that she is a strong person. and I thought I had at least another 20 yrs with her and spend some time with me and my kids.  I love you mom and Dad and I will always cherish the memories and laughter we have spent together as a family. 

Thanks for reading

Bess

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JansRainbow
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Hi Bess, I am so sorry for your loss. I can understand how you feel. My mom passed away 22 years ago and it still is difficult. We were so close, she was my best friend. I loved her so much. I wish I could spend just one more day with her. It take time. You are always going to miss her. I didn't want to accept that she wa s gone. You will always have the memories of her nobody can take those away form you. I know it was hard to  let go, but now she is not suffering and is with your dad. I still talk to her. I know she is looking out for me.If you feel  the need  to talk, come here, we're here  for you. Grief counseling can be helpful too. If you want to talk more just just me a message  Keeping you in my prayers. Sending hugs.Excuse any mistakes in typing, my eyes are blurry tonight.

LiddyLea
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:40 AM

So sad to lose your parent.  I lost my Dad 20 years too early as well, and sadly I dont get along with my Mum very well.  All I can do is remember him fondly as much as possible and talk about him with the kids.  He was so funny, so we all have lots of happy memories.  Although I lost him early, I have to be thankful I had him at all and he was such a good father.  Many children have no parents or parents so horrible they wish they didnt have any.  So we were lucky to have such wonderful role models. I know you feel cheated, but we cant turn back time.  Take Care. 

midnight_storm
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:30 AM
I'm so sorry hun((hug)). I can't imagine how difficult this is for you, but I do know what it's like to lose someone your close to. Just keep the good memories close to your heart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emilyrose200809
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Thanks for all the support.

Jess0915
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM
I'm so sorry hun. :(. I haven't lost my mom, but even the thought is enough to bring me to tears. I can't imagine how hard it is for you, and right before Christmas too. Hugs. I hope you can find peace knowing she's in a much better place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dlynn777
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I'm very sorry and I can relate. I lost my mom a couple years ago right before my daughter was born. I've really needed her and it has been tough. She was the person I called when I needed advice. However, the think you can take with you is she is no longer suffering and you can remember all the good times you had. Maybe do a scrapbook of her you can share with your kids.

Big hugs to you. Time will help you heal, step by step but never forget.

Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Hi I'm very sorry for your loss hugsIt's the hardest thing when you lose a parent especially around the holidays.  My mother died 2 days after Christmas.  It's been 12 yrs now but I still miss her terribly.   My mother lived in Texas I live in NC. I never got to go to her funeral. Which makes it harder on me to cope.  No closure.  I'll be praying for peace and comfort for you and your family right now.  I'm like you...I dont' have family around here at all.  

Queenbee0106
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 7:50 AM

I'm sorry for your loss Bess. My mother passed away 20 years ago this coming August. I still miss her and think about her everyday, I still hear her laughter, see her smile, and hear her say my name. These things keep her real to me. My memories have helped me make it through, and your memories will help you ''''God Bless ..... praying for you praying

hopealways4019
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Sweet! My mom passed 18 months ago, she waz and still is my hero! But what I cherished the most, is the good times, memories, and that's how I choose to remember her. Her work here on earth was complete. God needed her more! But she left me with a legacy, that I will pass on to my legacy, to my children
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elizabeth703
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM

hi im so sorry for your loss i no how u feel i lost my dad 6 years ago im here if u need me wink

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)