Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sons in jail, Im bein evicted & my SO is about to leave me(NEW UPDATEin 6th Post)

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM
  • 16 Replies
I'm a f'n mess...My son is still in jail, his bond hearing is set for the 13th of this month...but I'm flat broke & am praying the judge lets him off on ROR.
Then I've got the bank forclosing on our home because we couldn't pay it, because when my son went to jail we lost his SSI which was paying for a portion of the mortgage.
Now, to make matters even worse on me my best friend of 23 yrs & my legal union wife of 18 yrs has just decided to tell me "She doesn't think she can do this anymore"...
WTF ????

Suddenly "my adult kids" have become to much for her this past cpl yrs & now she wants out because she can't have time w/just ME ???

We raised these kids TOGETHER- THEY CALL HER DAD ....& NOW SHE WANTS TO WALK - JUST LIKE THEIR OTHER DADS DID TO THEM ???..

I'm just....I don't know wtf I am right now...I can't think, I can't eat, I can't even cry now...

Fml...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jamaz46
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Wow i am very sorry thats alot to deal with. Some people change with time. give her some time to think things through. Is there any way a counsellor would see you? I hope things look up for you take care
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomofJJS
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:33 AM

Hi hun, first take a deep breath. Things will be alright.!!!

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:54 AM

can you two move to an apt you can afford. im sorry you are going to lose your house but at least you would have a roof over your head. or you could look into getting a higher paying job or something like that if you work. im sorry your so is wanting to give up on everything after so long. maybe you two can see a counselor or work through this. i really dont know what to tell you except look at all your options. i hope your son gets out of jail. i know thats a terrible feeling. good luck with everything.

cindy10989
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:09 AM

hugsyou have a lot on your plate right now...just take one thing, one day one minute at a time...Sending you positive energy

witch_e_woman
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM
I wish I could get a job, but I'm on SSI because of a Chronic Lung Disease along w/being depressed & having anxiety issues.

My SO can't get a higher paying job either, she's making top money in her position now, but even w/her income we can barely make ends meet.

My son is LD & EI & tried committing suicide while having a mental breakdown & called the cops on himself. So, instead of the cops putting him in the hospital or psych unit- they took him to jail. He's been in the Mental Health section of the jail for a little over 3 months now & he's falling apart there & there's nothing I can do to help him now...

When his SSI got cut once he went to jail - that was it, our funds demolished because as I said, he was helping pay half the mortgage. Granted, my SO makes good money but not enough to cover ALL THE BILLS & for her to try & find another job w/her health deteriorating is just out of the question.

I hope I was able to help shed more light on my crappy life...

Thank you all so much for your words of hope & wisdom right now, they mean the world to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM

hugs mama!

mrsvixen
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM

*hugs* and positive energy sent you momma!

syoumans77
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:20 PM

**HUGS**

Is there anyway you can get some kind of housing assistance?  I know that here in NJ there is something called OCEAN INC that helps with mortgage/electric/gas payments.  Perhaps look into that.  Good luck!

Wantn1more
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:27 PM
So I assume that you've had issues with your house payments before?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
witch_e_woman
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Nope, however, what in my original post or updated post would lead you to assume this though, just curious ?

Quoting Wantn1more:

So I assume that you've had issues with your house payments before?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)