• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help i dont know what to do.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:52 AM
  • 5 Replies

I think im going through post pardum despression. Dont know what to do. My son is a little colicky for about an hr at night. When i cant get it right i want to just put him down and let him scream. I feel like I love him when he's calm and cant stand him when he's not . I dont want to feel this about my child. I am the only one who is home with him at night.  dont know what to do about it. I'm truely scared i might hurt him. PLEASE HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MomofJJS
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:56 AM

Do you have a therapit? Do you have someone to come stay with you or to call?

sondamom0828
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:58 AM

Do you have anyone that can come over for awhile so you can get a break while he is crying?  I would also set up an appt with a psychiatrist and get in ASAP.  Please ask your SO/DH to come home, or a family member friend to come over and help with him.  I have been there where my dd would cry for hours and I would want to do anything to her to just quite crying.  I had to put her down in her crib and go outside and compose myself.  As long as he can't hurt himself (IE, fall off the bed), it is fine to put him down.  Do you know your neighbors well enough to ask for help?

MomofJJS
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:02 AM

1-800-273-TALK (8255) I found this number in one of this groups forum!

Do you have any soothing music you could play?

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:08 AM
you need to see a therapist and let them see what they think whether you need to go to a psychiatrist for meds or what. i can understand your frustration with a colicy child. and before you would do anything please put him down and walk out to take a deep breath. i wouldnt wait to long before i got that therapist.
badbshe
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:43 AM
I agree with all of the above, try to find someone or acouple of people you call if it gets to be too much to giveyou a break (10 or 20 mins even) and find someone to talk to when you feel like you can't do it anymore, someone who will let you call and scream and cry and get it all out and will tell you its ok. And I would say if you think its post pardum or something like that, find a therapist. If there is a comprehensive care place where you live the appointments are pretty innexpensive. Good luck and always remember, if he is safe, its ok to put him down for a min to step away and regain composure. *Hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)