• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

never felt this before

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM
  • 6 Replies
I don't think I have anyway, I was just sitting at work doing paperwork and my heart felt like it was beating real fast(but it wasn't, pulse was normal), my mouth had this metalicky numb thing going on and I just felt very flustered. The nurse at work said it sounded like nerves/axiety. I'm not prone to random panic attacks, for what seems like no reason. I did once hyperventalate in the shower, I thought I was dieing until they told me at the hospital what it was.
I know I have serious anxiety issues and I go in a week or so to et evaluated to see what meds I should be on but gosh I have felt like this all night and it sucks I wish I could go sooner, I can usually talk myself out of that panicky feeling but not today. Its getting worse as I talk about it so I'm ging to go do some breathing now.
Thanks for listening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
m00ny
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:52 AM

hugshope you get to feeling better soon!

matreshka
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Maybe if you call to see if there are any cancellations you can get in sooner.  its good to do breathing techniques, also guided imagery helps too.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:32 AM

breathing is good! panic attacks suck, and they can come out of nowhere. I hope that your doctor can help!

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:05 PM

good you are using coping skills to get through this. you might need to be on something for anxiety if it continues. good luck.

syoumans77
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Are you taking any vitamins or supplements?  I found that some gave me similar symptoms, like the metallicky mouth thing and heart beating too fast.

cindy10989
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Sounds like panic to me. It doesn't always come at any specific time, sometimes just comes out of nowhere. Hang in there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)