Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meds appt.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM
  • 8 Replies
I'm kinda a little not sure what to think. I have cut two weeks ago. But my 3 year old keeps me on my toes. He's my baby. It's my first appointment in 2 years due to not having insurance. Now I have state and a secondary that I pay for. I'm not happy. I don't want to leave my house most days and most days and I'd rather stay in bed. It feels like I'm some failure and always have been.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
matreshka
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM

It's good you have insurance.  Just talk to therapist/doc whoever you are seeing about how you are feeling and hopefully they can get you feeling well soon.  If  you go the meds route it will take some time for the meds to work so don't get discouraged.  good luck!

Meg2011425
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Thanks! It's an ongoing battle. I'm up then down and it continues. I go in at 11.

Quoting matreshka:

It's good you have insurance.  Just talk to therapist/doc whoever you are seeing about how you are feeling and hopefully they can get you feeling well soon.  If  you go the meds route it will take some time for the meds to work so don't get discouraged.  good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:12 PM

hopefully since you have insurance now you can get a therapist and a psychiatrist and they can get you on what you need. you are n ot a failure. your little boy loves you and needs you.i hope you get to feeling better soon.

amonkeymom
by Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Welcome!

I'm glad you have an appointment and insurance coverage now.  Be sure to tell your doc/therapist everything that is going on.

matreshka
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 2:52 PM

How did it go?

Quoting Meg2011425:

Thanks! It's an ongoing battle. I'm up then down and it continues. I go in at 11.

Quoting matreshka:

Meg2011425
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 7:05 PM
It went well for the most part. He put me on Cymbalta and Abilify. I go back in a month. The only problem is I'm playing phone tag with my insurance company, pharmacy is telling me I owe $191 for meds and my insurance is telling me I only owe them $3 per med. Ya it's not cool. Hopefully I get it soon.

Quoting matreshka:

How did it go?

Quoting Meg2011425:

Quoting matreshka:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhodaj
by rho on Feb. 11, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Your not a failure. We all have been there. I have got so I make all my appoinments first thing in the morning so I don't have to think about them during the day or I would cancel everything. Once I get out in the morning unless it is extremly cold then I feel like actually doing something.

matreshka
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:06 AM

I'm glad the appt went well.

Huh, its kinda the pharmacies job to get that straight with insurance. I would go to the pharm with my phone get the agent on the line and hand it over to the tech who was billing you wrong.  Even though YOU shouldn't have to go through that trouble.

I had a pharm tech enter my ins. # wrong and told me I had no insurance and never got klonopin before.  I asked to speak to the actual pharmacist and he caught her error.  Otherwise I was going to call my ins and deal with it that way.

Quoting Meg2011425:

It went well for the most part. He put me on Cymbalta and Abilify. I go back in a month. The only problem is I'm playing phone tag with my insurance company, pharmacy is telling me I owe $191 for meds and my insurance is telling me I only owe them $3 per med. Ya it's not cool. Hopefully I get it soon.

Quoting matreshka:

How did it go?

Quoting Meg2011425:

Quoting matreshka:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)