Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm tired and very unhappy

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:39 AM
  • 7 Replies
I don't know if I can keep going on. I have a very difficult son in 9th grade and a son in 6th who is so stressed out with everything at home, he actually threw up last night because the stress is getting to him. I think my older son has aspergers but I can't get anywhere with a diagnosis. He causes so many problems in our house. Plus my husband is on the "my wife is crazy" tour. He thinks that I am just looking for problems. He took over my older son's counselor and psychiatry appointments and does not share anything with me except that the psychiatrist thinks it is all my fault. It is also getting close to Feb 17th, the day I lost my whole life. My mom died 22 years ago and left me with a cold, unfeeling step-father of only 3 years. I can't handle much more...........
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
eweddle25
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time.  I wish there was something I could do.  Do know you are not alone and I'm hear if you need to chat or vent or whatever.  PM me any time.  Hope things start to get better for you and you are able to talk to your husband more openly.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

hugs! I'm so sorry you're going through all this!

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

you need to get some help for yourself. i would make an appt with a therapist and see where they want you to go from there. im sorry things are not going good with you right now but they can get better if you take the right steps. please get yourself some help.

Lisa6697
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM

You are right.  Thanks for reminding me!!!!  I work 6 days a week and "don't have time".   I need to MAKE time.

Tracys2
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I am very sorry you have so much to do, with so little support, and with no help to get through the tragedy of your mother's early death.

Please do get help. It will feel great to know that people know what is going on and that aren't "just crazy". I honestly felt 1 billion times better after talking to my pastor, much less a therapist. Just being listened to is so nice when you usually aren't (and you will know ALL about that!) and getting it out to a real live, unjudgemental person. There are free/sliding scale/after work etc programs if you need them.

Good luck with your son as well! I've herad of people struggling for ages before getting a diagnosis, and I hope you get one soon. He will always be grateful that you fought so hard for him. Take care!

Lisa6697
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Thank you Tracy.  I have tried three different therapists and all they did was repeat what I said back.  I don't like talking about my mom and I am really good at "skirting" the issue.  These therapists let me do that and we got no where. The church we go to is the one my husband likes and the minister is very pick about who he likes.  He likes my husband so we can't look around for another church.  Let's just say our minister is NOT a people person.  I will keep asking around and looking for a really good therapist!

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 10:31 AM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)