• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello!

My name is Shana and I am a mother of 2 and stepmother of 1. I have a 6 month old baby girl. I have also developed depression and anxiety. The depression is minimal, but the anxiety constantly has me feeling like i am about to die. I am afraid all the time, have heart palps and freak out. I am on 50 mg of Zoloft a day. I am just worried and feel very alone

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
syoumans77
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Welcome!  You aren't alone here.  I personally have never had anxiety like that, but do suffer from depression.  There are plenty of ladies here that can help better with the anxiety part, but everyone here is supportive, so feel free to share whatever you want to!  I have never had a negative response on here, so it's safe to share.

savvymom0811
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Thanks!

annaica
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Welcome to.the group!
Do you feel the zoloft helps your anxiety at all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zboys
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Welcome, Shana.  I'm glad the depression is minimal, but hope you are able to get the anxiety under control soon.  This is a great group to be a part of.  HUGS

savvymom0811
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

No, I don't feel like it helps.  I am on 50 mg because I was breastfeeding. I quit breastfeeding 2 weeks ago, and its been much worse since then.

AllThatBabyJazz
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Welcome to the group
savvymom0811
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Thanks! I am looking forward to seeing how everyone deals with their stuff too

slowandsteady
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Welcome. I struggled with lots of post partum anxiety too. Now that you are no longer nursing, see if you can up your meds. I needed to try a number of meds before I found the one that worked for me. Good luck!

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM

you might need to ask your dr about getting on something for anxiety. you shouldnt have to live like that. i know what anxiety can do . i have it. good luck and welcome to the group.

rhodaj
by rho on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I am sorry you are going through all this you should probably call your dr and tell him you are not getting any better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)