Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthing classes alone

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:03 PM
  • 17 Replies

Im 16 and pregnant, and just ordered my birthing classes....and she asked me if I was going to have a partner.. I said yes (in case I find one) but really I don't :( My friends are all too busy for me with school, work & their social life...and some friends just kinda ditched me & now I feel kinda lonley. Its gonna be hard looking around and seeing all those other ladies with their man and im gonna be alone....or witha friend hopefully....maybe my mom if nothing else.. :'(

R.I.P Molly, we love you! <3

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annaica
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM
The class is kind of boring, maybe half of it is useful LOL. The birthing position and breastfeeding info is what I thought helped. But I can see how going alone would make you nervous. I think finding a friend to.go would be great. Who do you see being the one to play with the baby the most? Anyone like that? They might think it is cool to go with. They may feel honored to be asked :)
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whoopsie16
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM

My 12 y/o sister lol....

kinda awkward O_o 

Quoting annaica:

The class is kind of boring, maybe half of it is useful LOL. The birthing position and breastfeeding info is what I thought helped. But I can see how going alone would make you nervous. I think finding a friend to.go would be great. Who do you see being the one to play with the baby the most? Anyone like that? They might think it is cool to go with. They may feel honored to be asked :)
Hugs

annaica
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM
It does sound awkward... idk if that is a good idea :/ if she was just a bit older maybe....
Who do you plan on having in the room with you when you give birth?

Quoting whoopsie16:

My 12 y/o sister lol....

kinda awkward O_o 

Quoting annaica:

Hugs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whoopsie16
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM

My mom, I tried inviting a friend I've known for years....but its kinda weird cause we always text/facebook chat but havent actually hung out for like two years.....this should be interesting......

Quoting annaica:

It does sound awkward... idk if that is a good idea :/ if she was just a bit older maybe....
Who do you plan on having in the room with you when you give birth?

Quoting whoopsie16:

My 12 y/o sister lol....

kinda awkward O_o 

Quoting annaica:

Hugs

katiebug840204
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM
You don't really need those classes. I took one with my 1st pregnancy and it was the biggest waste of time. They didn't teach me or show me anything I didn't already know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

birthing classes are good. even if you dont have a partner. i would go with my mom if i went with anybody because it is so good to have your mother there when you are hurting. if you and your mom get along good. i hope it all works out for you. i was pregnant when i was 16 too.

annaica
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I also think it is ok to take your mom.

Or ask that friend you were talking about.  It couldn't hurt... Worth a try :)

Casslou1
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was pregnant with my first at 19, I didn't have anyone to go with either. I ended up bringing my mom and although we didn't have a great relationship before the class it was nice to have her as support during my labor and delivery.

AllThatBabyJazz
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Ask your mom for sure. How neat to share this with her
matreshka
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I think it would be great to take your mom.  With my first I forced the father to go to classes with me and it was so awkward since we broke up. It think it would be better to take someone that cares or go alone and just let them know you're going alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)