Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newly pregnant and on Celexa and Xanax

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi everyone. I recently found out that I am expecting my 3rd baby. I have been taking Celexa and Xanax for the past 8 months. Obviously I don't want to harm my baby and I won't be seeing my OB for another 4 weeks. I know I'm supposed to slowly taper off of the meds but I don't want to harm the baby by staying on the meds for any period of time. Has anyone had any success with this?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zboys
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I'd ask a professional.

Casslou1
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I definitely will. I was just wondering if there is anyone on this group who has gone through the same situation.

AllThatBabyJazz
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Here is a bump for you. Even if they can't get you into the office they should be able to advise you what to do until then. I'd call back and ask
Casslou1
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Thank you, I have left a message for the doctor. Hopefully I will hear back soon.

AllThatBabyJazz
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Good luck and congrats
Casslou1
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Thank you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:41 AM

i was on xanax when i got pregnant with my third and i weaned myself off. i wrote it down in my own calendar and cut it down by a fourth every week. so it can be done. of course it all depends how much you are on. i would give my dr a call to see what is best.

2girlsandcat
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I know people that took celexa while pregnant. Babies are healthy.

whatmynameagain
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Same here im on a low dose of celexa only bc I tried wout it and I crash hard and am currently pregnant. My ob knows and supports ny decision and my baby is healthy too.thank goidness she's du soon. You have to di whatvworks fir you but def talk to your dr . Congratulations on your baby and good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Casslou1
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Thank you ladies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)