Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gratitude Journal Challange.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

I read today about something called a Gratitude Journal. Basically you write 5 or more minutes per day about one thing you have found to be grateful during that day or whenever. The idea is the more you acknowledge positivity, the more positive you come. Obviously positivity is not a cure, but its no secrete a little can go a long way.

I think I am going to take up the challenge. It has to be evvvvery day. My goal is in 1 year to have my daily positive thoughts be an overpowering amount more than the negative ones.

I will probably do a blog (not sure if it will be private yet) as its easier to keep track of with my small amount of space and frequent moving and packing. I HOPEFULLY will have a picture that I took (or maybe just one I find very inspiring) to post with my positive thought that relates to the topic at hand.

I thought I would throw the idea out in case anyone else wanted to try. Also, if you blog it and want to post the link here. I know I personally will check it out, and maybe follow for inspiration as well. I personally blog with blogger.com

Good luck to anyone that tries!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rhodaj
by rho on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:19 PM
2 moms liked this

That sounds like a great idea. That sounds like what we did in here for awhile wre we took a negative and turned it into a positive.

Tracys2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Pretty cool. I tried something similar around Thanksgiving this year and last. Definitely a worthwhile exercise, even if it doesn't change your attitude too much.

GirlWithANikon
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I'm newer, sorry I missed that one!

Quoting rhodaj:

That sounds like a great idea. That sounds like what we did in here for awhile wre we took a negative and turned it into a positive.

rhodaj
by rho on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:37 PM

It is a great thing to do. and I recommend it to anyone that does it. I did in a class I was doing as my positive ending were they had to take something from that had happened during the week and tell how they turned into something positive,

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

I'm newer, sorry I missed that one!

Quoting rhodaj:

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM

that's a great idea! I always forget to write though lol

MomofJJS
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:53 PM

www.cozi.com is a program I really like, it has a journal and you can add a picute, grocery list, then you can

send the grocery list to your phone, you can make as many lists as you need too! It has a calender and it sends

you reminders of appts. I looked for over a year for a program like it! I use it for my journaling and my gratitude

journal It's like calender, grocery list, journal all in place!  Word of caution if you link up your children to it,

then it does not become private though!

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:34 AM

that sounds like a neat idea!

zboys
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I love that exercise!

Quoting rhodaj:

zboys
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I've never blogged before nor do I read blogs.  I might be willing to try it if it can remain private (I'd let you see it, though). 

As it is, I have several journals I write in from time to time.  They each have different purposes.  I can share more with you if you're interested.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)